It seems that all of this holiday baking is causing me to crave delicious fresh vegetables. As I was preparing sugar cookies, mini-mini pies and cake, I knew I needed veggies – and not the beet that was in my cake! I decided to combine a few things I had in my fridge and made a delicious salad.
- 1 tablespoon of fresh maracuya juice (or use orange juice)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
- 1/2 of an apple, thinly sliced
- crumbled blue cheese
- Combine juices, mustard, honey, salt and pepper, stirring well with a whisk. Add onion, spinach, and apple in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Â© 2011-2013 Provecho Peru. All Rights Reserved.