Spicy Apple Raspberry Crisps

1. RecipeGirl says:

I’m with you on the fruit. I do love it, but I just don’t take the time to cut it up and eat it much! I can just smell how cinnamony this little dessert is!

2. sunita says:

Lovely bake…I do love my fruit though…never lazy to cut ‘em up :-D

3. breadchick says:

This post made me wish for fall and we haven’t even had spring and summer yet! I love blackberries, peaches, and blueberries mixed in my crumbles!

4. Karen says:

Ooooo, I love recipes from Epicurious! I would have never chosen a crisp with raspberries and apples, but this looks great! Love that second photo.

5. Ann says:

Ooh… that looks so good! Roll on summer raspberries!

6. CB says:

ooohhh yummy pictures! Looks like I got some stiff MB competition! Great job! ;)-Clara

7. Deborah says:

I have really been craving a crisp lately, but with just apples. The raspberries would add so much, though!

8. Jessy and her dog Winnie says:

Great pictures! I absolutely love cinnamon.

9. michelle @ Us vs. Food says:

apple and cinnamon or pear and ginger are my favorites. not exciting and new, i know, but damn tasty.

10. Nemmie says:

These look sooooo good. Gotta try it. Love the pictures too!I did my meme for you, thanks bunches for tagging me darling! :)

11. culinography says:

Mmmm… I love crisps (and crumbles… and cobblers)! These look wonderful!

12. Amy says:

Those look so delicious! What a great way to sneak more fruit into your day. :) My favorite is just good old classic apple crisp, but second to that is fresh peach and raspberry. Yum!

13. Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) says:

My favorite combination is apple and nectarine — but almost anything baked under a cinnamon crust appeals to me. If I had to choose between eating only fruit, or only vegetables, I’d definitely choose fruit!

14. Nikki57 says:

Looks fantastic! I will go right along with you and not call it a dessert. Brown sugar and lots of butter sound like breakfast to me too :PThanks for the entry.

15. Aran Goyoaga says:

I love crisps and cobblers of any kind and I especially love apples and cinnamon. Who wouldn’t eat fruit this way right? Great job!

16. Cakelaw says:

Hi Gretchen, I am the opposite – I love my fruit, but it takes a bit more persuasion for me to cook up veges. (I have a nasty habit of nuking frozen veges for 3 minutes just so that I can say I have had my veges for the day.) These crisps look delicious, and raspberries are a favourite of mine.

17. Michelle says:

This is my first time to your blog and I must say – I am a vegetable person, too. But this fruit recipe is my kind of dessert. Right up my alley. Can’t wait to try it!

RG – Amen! I know it is good for me, but it is too much work in my mind!Sunita – Good for you!Mary – Aaahhh, and I am sure fall in your area is beautiful!! We are just heading into it now!Karen – This was a delicious combo as the apples were well baked and it turned out delicious!Ann – Yeah! Thanks!Clara – Thanks!! Hehe!Deborah – Apple crisps are standard but I enjoy the extras at times!Jessy – Thanks! I love cinnamon as well!Michelle – Sometimes those standards are best!Nemmie – Thanks! Thanks!Michelle – I love all of those as well. They are just delicious!Amy – Thanks! Yes, sometimes it is my only solution for myself!Lydia – Apple and nectarine?!? I *love* nectarines but they only come from Chile so we don’t have them often. I will have to try that if I see them!Nikki – Thanks! Definitely breakfast food!Aran – Exactly! Thanks!Cakelaw – Oh so sad! I love veggies! How funny that we all have our preferences!Michelle – Fruit for dessert is an excellent way to fulfill the food group!

19. bbaking says:

how lovely! I also eat the leftovers for breakfast! *rhubarb and strawberry or apple and blackberry or peach and raspberry. they are my fave flavours!

20. bbaking says:

anyone see a parrot? ;)

21. Priscilla says:

Hi Gretchen! Your crisp looks absolutely delicious! I can taste it with vanilla ice-cream…oh yummy!

22. Jaime says:

funny how we both posted our MB Challenge at around the same time! :)i am JUST like you…. put a fruit plate in front of me and i will eat it all up…but i rarely have the motivation to prepare my own fruits. still, i consider myself a fruit lover more than a veggie lover :)i love fruit crisps and this looks fabulous!

Bev – I am glad I am not the only one eating sweet treats for breakfast! Your flavor combinations sounds delicious!Priscilla – Thanks! Oooh, I bet it would be good with ice cream. Jamie – Thanks so much!

24. Kirstin says:

I made a cinnamon gelato as part of my cinnamon master baker dish. I dare say that my gelato and your cinnamon crisp would look mighty fine together.