Think Spice…Think Star Anise!

1. eliza says:

i love the smell of star anise in food! thanks for leaving a comment in my blog… you have a nice blog here.

2. Tartelette says:

Great recipe! I bet the star anise to it to stardom level! I feel the same way tutoring in French!

3. Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) says:

I love the flavor of star anise with beef. You don’t particularly notice when it is there, but you definitely notice when it is not, especially when you are trying to make an authentic Chinese dish.

4. MyKitchenInHalfCups says:

Gretchen this looks really soooo go and your lead in is so perfect. Once you start thinking about all those words, they start turning up all over.

5. Aran Goyoaga says:

I loooove star anise. It’s one of those flavors that is hard to pick out but truly makes a difference. It’s funny because I was thinking about pineapple and star anise this morning. I love that combination. I have never included it in with beef so this might be a thing I need to try. Thanks for sharing this!

6. Julie says:

I love star anise, especially in braising liquids. Oh yum… thanks for sharing.

7. Cakelaw says:

Yum! This sounds like a delicious dish.

8. sunita says:

Thanks dear Gretchen for that lovely dish…and yes,what can I say about the language :-D

Eliza – Star anise is so unique and I love that!Tartelette – Thanks! Haha!Lydia – It does just seem to leave a hint that is unforgettable!Tanna – Thanks! Sweet of you to say!Aran – I loved how your thoughts turned out!Julie – Yes it adds a wonderful touch!Cakelaw – Thanks, it was!Sunita – You are very welcome!