Fresh From the Oven

1. Cakelaw says:

These look interesting Gretchen – do you know why they are called “nun’s puffs”? I particularly like the idea of the savoury puffs.

2. Veron says:

I love puffs, specially if they are mixed with a little cheese. Hmmn, craving some right now.

3. Ann says:

Your puffs look beautiful!

4. RecipeGirl says:

They look a little like Aebelskivers. Have you ever had those? Delicious!

5. StickyGooeyCreamyChewy says:

What a nice recipe! They look great. I am also curious as to how they got their name.

6. Deborah says:

What a fun recipe!

7. aforkfulofspaghetti says:

I’ve never heard of these – but I’m itching to try, now! Only dilemma is what to have with them…

8. Aran says:

These look like Yorkshire Pudding… is that correct? I love their name and they look soooo good!

9. Cara says:

Are these like popovers? They look delicious!

10. Cookie baker Lynn says:

These look so fun to make and to eat! They would make a perfect Saturday breakfast treat.

11. Suzana says:

The savoury version sounds great to me but I could have a couple of those right now!

12. Amy says:

What a treat! A plate of these, hot out of the oven, would be a special treat indeed. Love the big dollop of jam deflating the puff. :)

13. Medena says:

Great looking puffs, and great recipe, thanks for sharing!I got a ton of jam (homemade), now I have another use for it :)

14. marias23 says:

Gosh, you are making me really hungry!!! Your puffs remind me of popovers. Do they collapse very quickly or do they stay relatively “puffed”?

Cakelaw – The cookbook actually states that the name is a mystery. I love the savory ones too!Veron – Mmm…cheese with them sounds tasty!Ann – Thanks!Recipe Girl – I have had abelskivers and these are not too similar. Abelskivers are more pancake-y and these are more “puffy”, both good just different.SGCC – These are tasty and easy!Deborah – Thanks!Forkful – Yes, it can be the dilemma. Sometime I choose syrup, jam, honey or just go savory and make it wasy!Aran – I truthfully have no idea what yorksire pudding is! I am sorry!Cara – These are not as bready as popovers (from what i remember, it has been a long time!).Lynn – These are fun and delicious!Suzanna – Yes, i cannot usually stop at one!Amy – These are a treat and I enjoy jam with them.Medena – You are welcome! Homemade jam would be delicious with these. Maria – Sorry! They do collapse and do not stay puffed for too long out of the oven.

16. Emiline says:

I like the the name, Nun’s Puffs. It’s fun. I think I could eat about 6 of those, because they look so good. Or more.

17. Jaime says:

huh…how neat! funny how they deflate like that

18. Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) says:

So these are a bit like popovers? They have that same drama! I think they’d be wonderful to sop up gravy from a stew.

19. Madam Chow says:

These look wonderful, almost like an odd little popover. I like the idea of the savory puffs!

20. Brilynn says:

Those look great and would be wonderful to bring to any table.

21. Bellini Valli says:

I am hopeless at making Yorkshire Pudding so maybe the savory version of these would work for me…I’ll be sure to give it a try:D

22. eatme_delicious says:

Ooo yum these look like the Yorkshire puddings my mom makes.

Emiline – Yes, I must have others to share them with otherwise I would eat them all!Jaime – They are fun to make and eat!Lydia – I have truthfully never made a popover and don’t know if I have eaten one or not! Ha!Madam Chow – Thanks! The savory ones are delicious!Brilynn – Yes, thanks!Bellini Valli – Please do, they are tasty!Ashley – I have never seen nor eaten yorkshire pudding, those comments are making me intrigued!

24. Dana says:

These looks so good! Part popover…part aebleskiver…soooo good!

25. Karen says:

Beautiful photos! These look great!

Dana – They were tasty! Oh, but what I would give for a bit of abelskiver right now! Yum!Karen – Thanks!