Going Bananas?

1. culinography says:

I love bananas! This looks incredible, Gretchen!

2. RecipeGirl says:

Goodness- you continue to amaze me. This sounds fabulous. I haven’t yet cooked with plantains but it’s definitely on my to do list. I’m going to recommend your blog to my Peruvian friend who lives here in San Diego near me. I think she might enjoy…

3. Amy says:

Wow, I love anything banana, and this sounds doubly delicious with the plantain topping! The only way I’ve ever had plantains is fried…I would love to try these. Thanks for the recipe!

4. Karen says:

Banana Cake! Yum, one of my favorites!

5. Karina says:

That looks so tasty! I’ve never had plantains before, but that looks like it would be a lovely introduction. One of the grocery stores I shop at stocks them pretty frequently, I’ll have to pick some up and try them out.

6. Erin says:

This looks so delicious! I love anything with bananas!

7. Emiline says:

So interesting! I love it! Did you know bananas are my favorite fruit? I also like plantains. I’ve been experimenting with plantains lately.This is a great entry, and you did a wonderful job.

8. StickyGooeyCreamyChewy says:

Gretchen- This looks so delicious! Bananas and plantains are two of my favorite foods. It’s a perfect combination!

9. Linda says:

Yum yum yum yum!! We once had a banana shortage in Australia a few years ago and they were so expensive and scarce. They were around $18 Australian a kilo!This looks superb. Delicioso!

10. Rosa's Yummy Yums says:

That cake looks gorgeous! A great way of preparing plantains!Cheers,Rosa

11. Rosa's Yummy Yums says:

That cake looks gorgeous! A great way of preparing plantains!Cheers,Rosa

12. Rosa's Yummy Yums says:

That cake looks gorgeous! A great way of preparing plantains!Cheers,Rosa

13. Rosa's Yummy Yums says:

That cake looks gorgeous! A great way of preparing plantains!Cheers,Rosa

14. sunita says:

Gretchen, I am a great fan of both bananas and plantains…lovely recipe…loved your tropical dessert too :-)

15. Aran says:

that looks so moist and gooeyv with the sugary glaze… beautiful!

16. Ann says:

Ooh…! That looks fabulous!

17. Cara says:

this looks delicious, i love plantains!

18. nicisme says:

I am going to go on a hunt for plantains here, because your recipe looks amazing.

19. Rebecca says:

Can I come over for a slice? Looks soooo good! And only 3 steps to making it, I love it.

20. Mrs. L says:

What a great sounding recipe for the pub crawl…yum!

21. Jasmine31 says:

Thanx for the recipe. I made banana nut bread over Christmas that was awesome! http://dangerouslydeliciousrecipes.com/blog/?p=144By the way I tagged ya!

22. Jessy and her dog Winnie says:

Looks great! I love banana desserts!

23. Deborah says:

I haven’t had plantains a lot, but there is a market here that sells them. I really need to try them out more often, and your blog is the place to find recipes!!

24. Brilynn says:

I’ve been amassing banana recipes lately too! I just can’t stop baking with them.

25. Paz says:

Oh, my gawd! I lurve me my plantains. This is some recipe!Paz

26. Susan from Food Blogga says:

I’m crazy over plaintains, and with a rum glaze? Yowza! My problem is I can never find them ripe enough at the market, and they take sooo long to ripen. Yours must be fabulous!

27. Kevin says:

Banana bread is one of my favorites. Now I can’t wait to try banana cake.

28. Jaime says:

mmmm, i love bananas..and i love plantains even more! i would love to have a slice of that! :)

29. Flanboyant Eats says:

ay que rico!! yum yum!plantains are my fave; i just wish they weren’t so high in cals… but who cares! nice post and recipe.

30. Suzana says:

Sounds wonderful! I’m crazy for bananas. This cake with this topping looks amazing! Any chance I get a slice of it? ;)Thanks for the “No Croutons Required” hint. :)

31. ChichaJo says:

I love bananas and banana bread/cake (and also rum!)! This looks fantastic! :)

Michelle – Thanks!Recipe Girl – Thanks, what a compliment! I would love to hear what your Peruvian friend thinks!Amy – There is so much more than frying that you can do with plantains. I hope you look through some of the recipes on here.Karen – It was delicious. Still talked about by the gal I gave one to!Karina – Please pick some up, if you need ideas let me know. One of my favorite things to do was baked them in a sweet lime sauce.Erin – It was tasty! Emiline – I did not know bananas were your favorite fruit. If I did know, and i made this for your event, that would be a bit like sucking up. And I wouldn’t do that! :)SGCC – Thanks! Glad you like it!Linda – A banana shortage?? Our prices have risen over the past year unfortunately.Rosa – Thanks! Sunita – Glad to hear you liked them both!Aran – Thanks, it was delicious!Ann – Thanks!Cara – Thanks! Me too!Nicisme – Please, hunt down some plantains, I have a bunch of recipes!Rebecca – It was all given away. Sorry. I have plenty of other treats here though! Come on by!Mrs. L – Thanks!Jasmine – Always love finding more banana recipes! Thanks for the tag!Jessy – Thanks!Deborah – I hope you pick some up! I have plenty of ideas for you!Paz – Thanks!Susan – I never seem to have the “take so long to ripen” problem. My problem is that i wish they stayed green longer!!! i have several recipes with green plantains too!Kevin – Thanks!Jaime – Love that you love plantains!Flanboyant Eat – Gracias, gracias! Yes, I hate that I like plantains, but that I shouldn’t eat them.Suzanna – Sorry, it is all gone! ChichaJo = Thanks! It was rather tasty all around!

33. Anne says:

Those look amazing!

34. Cakelaw says:

Oooh, rum and bananas – a dangerous combination ;) We don’t have plaintains here – or at least, I have never noticed them.

35. eatme_delicious says:

Ooo wow those spiced rum glazed plantains look and sound amazing!! I’ve only had plantains once but really want to try cooking with them.

36. Sarah says:

Mmmmmm…I heart bananas…and plantains! I ate so many plantains when I was in Brasil, but haven’t had them at all since then! How sad.

Anne – Thanks!Cakelaw – This was tasty! I wonder if there are plantains somewhere there?Ashley – I use an abnormal amount of plantains here. :)Sarah – Brazil? What in the world were you doing there? You should get some plantains to cook with!