Not Just For Pancakes!

1. Ann says:

That is exactly how my Grandma made pancakes! We were in heaven whenever we visited her… those thin lovely crepe-like cakes were soooooo much nicer than the thick soggy ones we had everywhere else! Oh wait… this post is about scones, isn’t it? :-)They look lovely… and I adore the idea of maple syrup flavoring in them!

2. Erin says:

These look wonderful! You made my day! Your comments on my blog are so sweet!http://dinneranddessert.wordpress.com/2008/03/07/someone-made-my-day/

3. Babeth says:

Great healthy breakfast.Great job on Julia’s bread :-)

4. Jessy and her dog Winnie says:

Yeah, I love maple syrup. They make it fresh near my house!

5. Amy says:

These look delicious (the French pancakes sounded really good too)! And what a coincidence; I’m planning to make my maple oat scones tomorrow morning!

6. Karina says:

That looks like a lovely way to use maple syrup! Growing up in New Hampshire, I’ve always loved maple syrup, and I was pretty shocked when I first tried “pancake syrup” at just how bad it was!

7. slush says:

My hubs is from New England, so you know there is always Maple Syrup in this house. While I do love pancakes, I adore scones. I have been making then non-stop for months. Its great to have another recipe to try. :)

8. Rebecca says:

This recipe looks like the perfect start to a Sat. morning! Guillermo is just getting into maple syrup-last weekend, in fact-he’s obsessed!! He wants to know all about it-it’s like he just realized how GOOD it is! But it is one of those things that would be wierd if you didn’t grow up with it. When I lived in Mexico, we ate pancakes with sweetened condensed milk over the top-oh, yum! Do they do that in Peru?xo Rebe

9. Jaime says:

oh how i love the flavor of maple syrup! :) i’ve never had a scone though…

10. Cakelaw says:

Yum – these actually look healthy as well as delicious.

11. Allison says:

mmmmmmmm maple syrup… if only it wasn’t sooo expensive! i love it, too!

12. Aran says:

Gretchen- I just came in at the right time. Satyrday morning, 7am, drinking my coffee… All I need is one of your maple oatmeal scones. I might even make those this weekend. Sound great!

13. Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) says:

My Canadian husband makes sure there is always maple syrup in my pantry. He puts it on everything, but I use it for cooking, too — including maple oatmeal scones!

14. Lore says:

I love the idea of using oats in cakes….fiber precious fiber :D. Your scones look great! Could I add some nuts or seeds to them?

15. nicisme says:

Mmmm, I would love these too! I bet the aroma when these are in the oven is incredible!

16. Deborah says:

It’s funny because I don’t like pure maple syrup on pancakes, but I love it in other foods! Baked and savory, I always have some of it around!

17. Cara says:

These look delicious! And might I add I think you are Excellent :)http://carascravings.blogspot.com/2008/03/crossing-some-things-off-list.html

18. Cara says:

oh, and I finally got around to answering your meme, come take a peek!

19. LisaRene says:

Scones are a favorite of mine and I make them often. My husbands favorite way of eating day old scones is to grill them in a panini press and drizzle the hot scone with warm maple syrup. Oh, I’m getting hungry now, your scones look delicious!

20. Jaime says:

looks like i’m not the only one who thinks your blog is excellent! :)http://good-eats-n-sweet-treats.blogspot.com/2008/03/excellent-award-made-my-day.html

21. StickyGooeyCreamyChewy says:

I’ve never been wild about pancakes for that very reason. I hate soggy food. Those thin ones sound great, though. Your scones are a great breakfast alternative. They look delicious!

22. Dana says:

I love maple syrup, too. And if you’re used to hot cereal for breakfast, nothing tastes better than oatmeal or cream of wheat with some maple syrup swirled in!!

23. Cookie baker Lynn says:

This sounds like a great way to take a bowl of oatmeal on the go. Beautiful scones!

Ann – That is really funny! I would loke to recreate those pancakes one day!Erin – thanks so much!Babeth – Thank you!Jessy – That must be a treat to have it so close!Amy – Loved your scones. We are starting a scone trend.Karina – Yeah, pancake syrup is awful. But I love real syrup!Laurie – You are very welcome!Rebe – That is super funny! Pancakes here are funny creatures. They eat them with a boiled down “syrup” that is not maple. Jaime – Scones are the new thing!Cakelaw – They did taste a little healthy. :)Allison – expensive? Too bad. I just wish they sold it here!Aran – Wish I could have shared one with you over a cup of coffee.Lydia – Oh how I would love to use it wildly and carefree in all kinds of cooking and baking!Lore – You could certainly add nuts, maybe even seeds. If i did them again, I would try to replace some of the flour with wheat flour or maybe oat bran. Nicisme – They were pretty tasty!Deborah – That is funny! Cara – thanks!!LisaRene – Nice reheating idea!Jaime – Thanks! ;)SGCC – The thin ones are delicious! I hate soggy food too!!!Dana – I have used my syrup a time or two in hot cereal but I am partial to honey there since it is more readily accesible here.Lynn – This is a wonderful way to eat your oats!

25. Katy says:

oh YUM! i am trying this for sure!