Not Just For Winter Anymore
Crockpots make you think of winter, don’t they? A wonderful stew, delicious soup or hearty chili is delightful to come home to after a long day. I feel like it is my duty to make plea on behalf of Crockpots everywhere…don’t hide them away just because the sun is coming out. You could make delicious tacos this spring with this tasty, delectable dish!
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 325g of tomato sauce
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 2 1/2 pound pork shoulder, trimmed
- 1/2 cup of water
- In a large bowl, combine onion, tomato sauce, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, oregano, salt and pepper. Add pork, turning to coat completely with sauce. Transfer pork and additional sauce to a 5-quart slow cooker. Add water to thin sauce, if needed.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours. Transfer meat to a large bowl and shred with two forks, discarding any gristle. Return meat to the slow cooker and toss with the sauce.
- Serve with black beans, tortillas and guacamole for some delicious springtime tacos!
Now, go get that crockpot out…