Not Just For Winter Anymore

1. Amy says:

Oh, MMM, I am definitely making this!! I love pulled pork tacos; making it in the crock pot is a great idea. Our last place had no central air, and it was brutal in the summertime with the oven on…a crock pot is a good solution. :)

2. MyKitchenInHalfCups says:

Oh what wonderful tacos you can make with that. You are so right with the crock pot: it’s good in winter and summer!

3. Aran says:

Spicy pulled por in a crock pot! You just described meaty heaven for me!

4. Lis says:

Oh yum!! We love pulled pork, Gretchen! This is a fantastic recipe – and a fantastic way to make it in the crockpot!Thank you so much for participating, sweetie. :)xoxo

5. Erin says:

This looks wonderful! I will definitely have to try this because I really love pulled pork! I use my crockpot any time of the year too!

Amy – I hope you try this, it was really delicious!!!Tanna – Yes, they were delicious! Aran – Ha! Glad you like!Lis – It was a great and easy recipe!Erin – It was tasty and good anytime of the year!

7. A. Grace says:

i really like pulled pork. why haven’t i ever thought of spicing it up with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and eating it taco-style with black beans and guacamole? i’d like to thank you for pointing out what should’ve been an obvious combination!

8. Tartelette says:

I love you! I love pulled pork!! This is a great recipe! I’ll have to try it in a Dutch oven since I don’t have a crockpot (no room left).

9. Lore says:

Looks great, but I haven’t heard of adobo sauce before. You’ve just made me visit wikipedia :))

10. Deborah says:

I love using my crockpot year round for that very reason!! This pork recipe sounds delicious!

11. Cookie baker Lynn says:

I tend to forget about my crockpot because it lives in the back of a closet under the stairs. This looks so delicious that it’s worth excavating my pot to try it.

12. Annemarie says:

Oh how I love pulled pork. I tried making Mexican carnitas recently and was shocked by the amount of lard needed. This looks like a more sensible though no less tasty option.

13. We Are Never Full says:

You know what… heck yeah! You’re right! Crockpots are not just for winter. We make pulled pork (bbq) on the grill every summer but this is a great way to cook it if you don’t have a grill (esp. for us in NYC).Great blog. I’ll be back!amy @http://www.weareneverfull.com

14. Karina says:

There’s a burrito shop in town that makes the most amazing pulled pork burritos! Perhaps I’ll try making my own burritos at home. I don’t have a crock pot, but I’m sure I could find a way to adapt your recipe to stove top use. Thanks for sharing!

A Grace – You are welcome! It was delicious!Tartelette – I am sure it will be great in a Dutch oven. You are very welcome!Lore – Glad I could help!Deborah – Yeah! A year round crockpot user! This was delicious, I hope you try it!Lynn – Oh, I hope you do. It was delicious!Annemarie – No lard! This had enough with the meat itself. It was perfect!We Are Never Full – Glad I could persuade you! This was a simple, delicious meal. So glad you dropped by and i do hope you come back for a visit!Karina – You could certainly make this even without a crockpot. It could go into your oven, covered, for a long cook.

16. PheMom says:

I make carnitas in my crockpot with pork roasts too and love it! This recipe looks really delicious too!I just wanted to mention for the marshmallow creme recipe that I just used some on a banana split last night and it was great. It does tend to get foamy again after it has been sitting in the fridge for a while, just give it a quick little heat and a good stir and you are good to go. It kills the volume, but it makes it more like creme instead of meringue.: )

17. Jaime says:

i can’t wait to try this recipe w/the spicy black beans!

1. November 17, 2012

[…] is true, the spicy pulled pork from yesterday was amazing. I have made a variety of pulled pork recipes and this one by far was […]