Spicy Ginger Squash Soup

1. Cakelaw says:

Hi Gretchen, I am definitely in the ginger lovers camp, so this sounds great. I also like butternut squash, so this is perfect!

2. kittie says:

I also love ginger – and I did consider a peruvian soup for NCR, but got sidetracked!This has just risen really quickly up my must-cook list – thanks for posting. Your photographs are gorgeous too – and I love the garnish.

3. Karen says:

Three kinds of ginger, wow! Love the peanuts on top. Beautiful presentation and photos!

4. StickyGooeyCreamyChewy says:

This soup looks really intriquing! I love the combination of the 3 gingers and peanuts. I will definitely be trying this one! And you can feed me a spicy, sweet ginger dessert anytime. Love them! ;)

5. Irene says:

That’s really funny about us making squash soup at the same time, lol. I will have to try it your way next time! I love seeing how other people interpret familiar foods! :)

6. estefani says:

I love ginger in everything too! It’s a new phase I’m going through. Thanks for sharing ! And please do keep sharing your different ginger kitchen experiments!

7. RecipeGirl says:

Peruvians have their version of Chinese food, huh? Interesting! This sounds really good to me. I love to incorporate peanut butter into soups too.

8. Susan from Food Blogga says:

This remains one of my go-to soups, Gretchen. I make it regularly, though my presentation pales in comparison to yours. :)

9. Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) says:

I’m surprised that ginger isn’t used more in Peruvian cooking — it pairs so well with sweet potatoes and all of the squashes. This soup is one of my winter favorites.

10. Cara says:

I love the touch of peanut butter here – I will have to remember to try that in my next batch of butternut soup!

11. Aran says:

Love, love, love squash soup and if it has a little ginge kick it must be delicious!

12. katiez says:

Talk about the perfect post!I just found a bit of crystallized ginger left from something or other…and I have squash in the freezer. Soup, it is!

13. Suzana says:

I love ginger in squash dishes. The peanuts sound delicious on top of this spicy soup!

14. Laurie Constantino says:

Terrific plating, Gretchen. And, hey, anything with multiple forms of ginger is great with me! By the way, what is “uncrystallized ginger”?

15. Jaime says:

this looks wonderful. i don’t understand people who don’t like ginger! ;)

16. eatme_delicious says:

I glanced at the soup round up earlier and your photo caught my eye! Great presentation. I love ginger in regular food/cooking but not sure I can accept into all or a lot of my baking. I made a pear ginger bread that was extremely ginger-y recently!

Cakelaw – Hope you try this, it was delicious!
    Kittie – Thanks so much!
    Karen – Thank you!
    SGCC – Glad you like ginger desserts!
    Irene – Good to know you enjoy soups like this one!
    Estefani – There are plenty more ginger idea around here to share!
    Recipe Girl – oh yes, chifa is much different that “chinese food”.
    Susan – Ha! Thanks!
    Lydia – Yes, ginger is limited to a few dishes and all of the Peruvian Chinese food.
    Cara – You certainly should try it, it is delicious!
    Aran – It was more then delicious!
    Katie – Hope you were able to try it!Suzanna – The peanuts are a touch that i just love!
    Laurie – Thanks! Uncrystallized is the “candied ginger” without the sugar coating on the outside. Trader Joes.
    Jamie – Me neither!
    Ashley – Thanks! I was thinking of combining pear and ginger in a brioche snail! Sounds good!