Creamy Coconut Quinoa Pudding

1. RecipeGirl says:

This sounds very interesting. I haven’t tried quinoa yet!

2. Jessy and her dog Winnie says:

Looks delicious! I love the pictures lol.

3. Cakespy says:

Now that looks GOOD.

4. Karen says:

Yum! Coconut would be an amazing flavor in this pudding. I have yet to find a pebble in my quinoa, but I’m fortunate to get mine from Trader Joes!

5. stephchows says:

This sounds wonderful. I need to pick up some quinoa to try it with, I would also love to try it with brown rice. Sounds delicious! I can’t wait to give it a try :)

6. bellissima_romy says:

As a Peruvian-American, I love this blog and enjoy all the recipes. I enjoy your perspective on Peruvian culture as well.

7. Deborah says:

I’m not usually a big rice pudding fan, but I really am wanting to try this out! Maybe because I love coconut so much…

8. Aran says:

that looks fantastic. Love the quinoa instead of rice. should try that soon.

9. Cindy says:

The recipe calls for 1/2 cup sugar, divided. Where is the other 1/4 cup used? Did I miss something? I’m definitely going to try this soon.

10. Julie says:

Another delicious use for Quinoa, I love it.

11. Brilynn says:

That looks great, I would love to have fresh coconut!

12. Joy the Baker says:

More quinoa! I love it. What a fantastic idea! And insurance for political demonstrations!? That’s both funny and troubling…

13. Cakelaw says:

This looks sensational Gretchen. I love rice pudding, and this reminds me a lot of that.

14. Kevin says:

Using quinoa to make a pudding is a great idea. Especially for a coconut pudding. Bookmarked.

RecipeGirl – You really must try quinoa in both sweet and savory dishes.
    Jessy – Thanks!
    Cakespy – Thanks! It was delicious!
    Karen – I am glad to hear that the quinoa there may be better cleaned.
    Stephchows – Yes, with rice I think it would be delicious and may even get creamier.
    Romy – I do apologize if you found my comment offensive. It certainly wasn’t meant with the intention you read it with.
    Deborah – I love rice pudding a lot but this was a nice change to have the coconut flavoring.
    Aran – The quinoa may not end up as creamy but I love knowing I am eating a healthy grain.
    Julie – Thanks for pointing that out! The extra 1/4 cup is stirred in after it simmers and most of the liquid is absorbed. I will update it right now!
    Brilynn – Me too!
    Joy – Yes, more quinoa! Insurance…yes, well…it is necessary!
    Cakelaw – Thanks! It is a lot like rice pudding, just with a different grain and with coconut flavor. nice change!
    Kevin – Thanks! I loved the nutty flavor in quinoa paired with the coconut. Delicious!

16. kellypea says:

I love quinoa, but haven’t had it in a sweet dish yet. This sounds delicious! I’m not sure if I’d like the idea of driving though violent demonstration, though! I don’t get that kind of excitement.

17. Half Baked says:

I’ve never tried quinoa, but your pudding looks great. I love the toasted coconut, it looks yummy!

18. Anali says:

This looks great! I’m going to try some quinoa pudding soon!

19. bbaking says:

ooh yummy scrummy! I love coconuts, there is nothing like fresh ones and I never realised how good they were until I tried them in Thailand.

20. Annemarie says:

What an interesting way to use quinoa! I recently bought quinoa flakes and haven’t yet figured out what to do with them. I do love the flavor combos in this.

21. Jaime says:

i love fresh coconut! and i wish i had pretty star fruit to garnish my dishes too :)

Kellypea – I hope you try quinoa with something sweet, it adds a nice nutty flavor!
    Half Baked – Oh, do try quinoa it is delicious and so good for you!
    Anali – Hope you do!
    Bev – Sad there are not fresh coconuts there!
    Annemarie – Flakes? As in similar to oat flakes? Or more like bran cereal flakes? I use the flakes (similar to oats) as a oatmeal replacement in recipes.
    Jaime – Fresh coconut is delicious. Sorry about the star fruit. We have them in abundance here. I have picked them off trees. :)