WTSIM…Spicy Black Beans

1. Neen says:

Thanks for this recipe. Partly because I really like black beans but have very few recipes for them, and partly because I’m so sick of lentils after a looooong winter of lentil soup, this post came at just the right time. Much appreciated!

2. Aran says:

When I cook for myself, Itend to cook legumes. They are loaded with iron and protein and it makes perfect soup. I usually cook lentils because they are the quickes but black beans are also great and this looks fantastic!

3. farida says:

I love beans. We make beans frequently in our house. They are great in soups, stews, and salads. Your recipe sounds delicious. Spicy is something I yet have to learn to eat:) but I may try a milder version. Thanks for sharing, Gretchen!

4. Terry B says:

We love beans in our house too, especially black beans, and these sound delicious! I can imagine that browning some bacon or cubed pork in the pot first and adding it back to the pot when all the other ingredients are there would turn this into a hearty meal by itself.

5. RecipeGirl says:

The cookbook sounds like an interesting one that you adapted this from. I don’t believe I’ve ever made black beans from dry beans. Something to try… these look FAB!

6. Sarah says:

Yum! I love black beans & just recently discovered that if I add cumin & garlic to the beans, it has that delicious taste I’ve always loved. I’m excited to try an actual recipe, though I’ll have to de-spice it a bit (I’m a total wimp when it comes to spice)!

7. Jeanne says:

Wow – this looks too delicious (and I’m about to go and check out the pulled pork recipe too as I LOVE pulled pork!). And I even think I know where I can get black beans in London – woo hoo! Thanks so much for posting this and for takign part in WTSIM yet again :)

8. Fearless Kitchen says:

I don’t suppose that you’d care to put these in a box and mail them up to Boston? Never mind, there’s probably a law against that, and the house isn’t clean enough for a visit from Homeland Security. Seriously, these look delicious, and very well balanced.