As a child, did you ever play in the dirt? Lucky for me, I did! Before the backyard was given access through the side gate, there was a small area of dirt. Twice, my mother took a hose to this patch and made mud. I was given the opportunity to play in that mud, on purpose!
When Cupcake Hero called for a celebration of Earth Day, my first thought was to celebrate my mud days! I could not resist making a dirt cupcake. This could be made easier with a boxed cake mix and even by piping in chocolate pudding to the cupcake center.
When I shared these with some friends, I warned them that these are only for kids…kids at heart! Enjoy!
- 6 chocolate cookies, crushed
- 2 graham crackers, crushed
- Devil's Food Cupcakes
- Dark Chocolate Ganache
- 18 Sour gummy worms
- Combine the chocolate cookie crumbs and the graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl.
- Cut a cone shape in the top of the cupcake. Fill with a bit of ganache, add a gummy worm (so it is partially sticking out!). Top with cone cutout (with a bit taken off the point if necessary).
- Frost cupcakes with ganache, taking care not to cover the worm.
- With the frosted part of the cupcake held at an angle over the cookie crumbs, sprinkle the crumbs over the ganache, taking care that the ganache is covered with crumbs.