Bananas are something I am rather familiar with. I have enjoyed many banana breads, cakes, muffins among many other things. Maybe some of you have your go-to banana bread recipe and will never stray far from it. I however make banana baked goods more than once a week and am always trying new recipes!
One that has traveled the sea with me is this one. Not that it is one I have made many times over, but I must have cut out the recipe several years ago and brought it with me. I have always been enamored with banana breads that have just a bit more than banana, like Coconut Banana Bread. But what could be better than banana bread with chocolate? Maybe adding peanut butter!
Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups of mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add banana, eggs, and yogurt; beat until blended. Add flour, baking soda and salt; beat at low speed just until moist.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly. Add 1 cup batter to chocolate, stirring until well combined. Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter into a loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Swirl batters together using a knife.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Â© 2011-2013 Provecho Peru. All Rights Reserved.