Salad

Parmesan Parsley Dressing

With the lack of prepared & bottled salad dressing, I have grown so accustomed to using fresh squeezed lime juice on my salads that I don’t miss the bottles anymore. But, every so often, I want a bit more on my salad. Here is what I use when it is one of those days.

Parmesan Parsley DressingParmesan Parsley Dressing

Ingredients

1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of fresh chopped parsley
1/2 cup of chopped green onions
1/4 cup of rice vinegar
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 garlic cloves

Preparation

Combine parmesan cheese, parsley, green onions, vinegar, mustard, sugar, olive oil, salt and garlic cloves in a blender. Puree until smooth. Use as a dressing for salad.

For my salad, I combined a salad mix, chopped arugula and shredded carrots. The dressing was served alongside the salad. Why? Because Peruvians eat only fresh squeezed lime juice on their salads.

Yield: Makes 1 cup
Source: Adapted from Cooking Light

20 Responses to “Parmesan Parsley Dressing”

1. This sounds just wonderful. Yum.

Posted by Kalyn | May 18, 2008, 8:21 pm
  2. I sounds wonderful and it is beautiful! I really dislike salad dressing jars in the fridge. Seems like one day you look and there are 5 of them each with 2 teaspoons left in them – uck. I really would rather use some olive oil and lemon, lime or vinegar.

Posted by MyKitchenInHalfCups | May 19, 2008, 5:00 am
  3. This has the same great color as Green Goddess dressing. I’ll save this recipe until the parsley is abundant in the herb garden.

Posted by Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) | May 19, 2008, 5:49 am
  4. I’m not such a great parsley lover but this dressing makes me rethink it! I love the bright green colour!

Posted by Suzana | May 19, 2008, 6:02 am
  5. Sounds – and looks – so good. I’ve never tried a pairing of Paremesan and parsley, thanks!

Posted by Jj | May 19, 2008, 7:56 am
  6. Sounds delicious! I’m always looking for new ideas for homemade salad dressings (we never buy the bottled stuff, either.) Lately I’ve just been doing lemon juice, olive oil, s&p but I have a bunch of parsley that needs to be used up — I think this will be perfect! :)

Posted by Amy | May 19, 2008, 8:18 am
  7. Look how pretty and vibrant that looks!

Posted by PheMom | May 19, 2008, 8:57 am
  8. love this fresh green dressing! i’m growing parsley this year and will definitely make some of this once we have enough.

Posted by mimi | May 19, 2008, 8:59 am
  9. That looks beautiful! Again, amazing photos! That looks like something directly out of the cooking light photo gallery.

Posted by dobetter | May 19, 2008, 10:02 am
  10. great recipe! I made a mint version!

Posted by SteamyKitchen | May 19, 2008, 2:38 pm
  11. love the color!!

Posted by Aran | May 20, 2008, 5:45 am
  12. great recipe.

Posted by maybelles parents | May 20, 2008, 5:54 am
  13. What a fantastic dressing! It’s even like a pesto and I just wrote a post dedicated to how much I LOVE pesto. You shouldn’t miss the bottled stuff – your stuff is a million times better!!

Posted by Antonio Tahhan | May 20, 2008, 11:24 am
  14. One of my favorite combinations! The dressing looks great.

Posted by Lauren @ Parsnips Aplenty | May 20, 2008, 11:44 am
  15. The dressing looks great! Such a pretty color!

Posted by My Sweet & Saucy | May 20, 2008, 12:49 pm
  16. The dressing looks great! Such a pretty color!

Posted by My Sweet & Saucy | May 20, 2008, 12:49 pm
  17. that looks delicious! there is a cilantro dressing at trader joe’s that i love! i only wish i lived near one

Posted by Jaime | May 20, 2008, 8:30 pm
  18. This sounds delicious – and easy to swap the parsely with other herbs if desired. yum!

Posted by Cara | May 22, 2008, 7:29 am
  19. Well, homemade is SO much better than those bottles anyways. I’m so dissatisfied when I have a salad with bottled dressing. I have loads of parsley always growing in our courtyard so this sounds like a great way to utilize it!

Posted by RecipeGirl | May 22, 2008, 8:09 am
  20. I totally agree! I missed them at first, but now I’m in such a habit of making my own, I’d never go back. I’m going to be posting my favorite this week…And I’m adding this one to my pantry… I’ve got lots of parsley.

Posted by katiez | May 23, 2008, 12:58 pm