Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls

1. Dana McCauley says:

Clever! I’ve used sweet potato and pumpkin in quick breads but never in a yeast dough. This is a very good idea that I plan to try.Thanks!

2. rainbowbrown says:

Love those cinnamon roll kind of mornings. Beautiful.

3. slush says:

They look awesome Gretchen! I often want to me cinnamon rolls for breakfast, but by the time they are done proofing, its lunchtime, which always makes me turn to a muffin or coffeecake first.

4. pearlsandchocolate.com says:

WOW!! They look great and the recipe sounds wonderful! I’m glad I found your blog!

5. culinarytravelsofakitchengoddess says:

Wow, so delicious :)

6. Susan from Food Blogga says:

Oh, wow! Sweet potatoes are baked into cinnamon bread? That’s a slice of heaven, I tell you.

7. Hannah says:

Those sound so good! I don’t think about using sweet potatoes enough, really.

8. Kevin says:

Those look so good! Just look at the thick swirls of cinnamon. I really like the sound of using the sweet potatoes!

9. Isa says:

Mmmm… they look delicious! Are you making next week’s TWD challenge? Cause it’s pretty similar.

10. Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) says:

What a great combination — I never think to use sweet potato in baking, except to make pie. Will definitely try these.

11. StickyGooeyCreamyChewy says:

What a great idea! I would have never thought to use sweet potato in a cinnamon roll. They look just wonderful!

12. eatme_delicious says:

Oh wow! I’ve never even thought to make sweet potato cinnamon rolls. There’s a pumpkin cinnamon roll recipe I’ve been eyeing for a while though. These look delicious!

13. ~Kimberly says:

Yum! I’ll be trying these!!!

14. Bellini Valli says:

I have seen a pumpkin version of these…of course they would excellent plain but just add a cream cheese icing for a less calorie wise version and I am in heaven:D

15. Erika (SWEET PEA) says:

Such a great idea! I just learned that sweet potatoes are great for people with hypoglycemia – of which I am one! Will add your recipe to my must do listErika

16. Cookie baker Lynn says:

Oooh, the frustration of leaving a baked good in someone else’s care! Good for you for whipping up another batch. They look wonderful.

17. Deborah says:

I have never had sweet potato cinnamon rolls, although I have bookmarked many recipes for them! These look delicious – I’m glad you made another batch!

18. Hillary says:

What a great recipe! I recently tried a sweet potato cheesecake…sweet potato is great for anything!

19. Garrett says:

That sounds like a wonderful combination! I feel like buying some sweet potatoes now, just to throw into something.

20. Susan/Wild Yeast says:

When I first saw the title I though the sweet potatoes were in the filling — how unusual and delicious to put them in the dough.

21. My Sweet & Saucy says:

You’re killing me with those photos…that is just plain torture!

22. My Sweet & Saucy says:

You’re killing me with those photos…that is just plain torture!

23. Aran says:

Cinnamon rolls are my favorite sinful breakfast item… but I have never tried them with sweet potatoes. I bet they are tender (like potato bread) and sweet… yum Gretchen!

24. Cecilia says:

I LOVE sweet potatoes. I used to eat sweet potato baby food until I was 7 years old because I couldn’t get enough of the stuff. So I naturally think that this recipe sounds AMAZING! The rolls look great, and I’ll have to try out this recipe in the near, near future.

25. MyKitchenInHalfCups says:

Why do we have so many stories about turning off an oven?!! So glad you were able to redo these. They look fabulous. Sweet potatoes in bread do change everything. I’ve only tried it a few times but the results were excellent.

26. Janna says:

So very yum.My husband would love these!

27. Cakelaw says:

These look so good – you’d never guess that they contained sweet potato by looking at them. I’ll have these for brekky any day.

28. Jude says:

This reminds me of sweet potato casserole tat has cinnamon in it. Sweet potato and cinnamon naturally go well with each other so I can already imagine how this tastes

29. zorra says:

Great idea to use sweet potato. Your rolls look delicious. And yes, breakfast ist the most important meal of the day. :-)