Zucchini Oven Chips [WHB]

1. Caramella Mou says:

Hi Gretchen, these look delicious and I’ll definitely give them a go. In Bulgaria zucchini is one of the most popular vegetables in the Summer and a very common way to cook it is to slice it and shallow fry it. It is then served with yoghurt that has been mixed with salt and garlic. I’ve always thought of it as a wonderful Summer treat. Oven baking sure seems to be a bit healthier option and I think the parmesan would go really well.A tomato sauce would probably work nicely too. Ooooh, my mouth is watering now.Thanks for the recipe,Caramella

2. Emiline says:

I love zucchini, and I have one in the fridge right now. I’ll have to try these. They sound so light and delicious.

3. nicisme says:

I often make these, they’re delicious. Must get a zucchini now!!

4. RecipeGirl says:

Mmmm. What a great way to utilize zucchini in the heart of the summer!

5. Deborah says:

I have made similar zucchini chips before, and love them! I actually really love zucchini – any way I can get it!

6. farida says:

I always buy vegetable chips but never tried any zucchini chips. this is a great recipe! i will give it a try!

7. Julie says:

I could eat the whole batch of these myself.

8. dobetter says:

“…the swollen ovary of the zucchini flower”. That made me laugh! Still, these ovaries, oh, I mean zucchinis, look great sliced and made into chips!

9. eatme_delicious says:

Ooo these look tasty! A healthier option to the deep fried zucchini sticks I see on restaurant menus.

10. Kalyn says:

Sounds delicius. I think they would taste great with just about any type of sauce you could dream up!

11. Vicki says:

My mom used to make something similar to this, but shallow pan-fried them instead of baking. We called them “zucchini cookies”. Yum.

12. Aran says:

I love this recipe Gretchen! I was actually thinking about making zucchini chips this weekend. We have great local and organic zucchinis in the fridge and I have been cooking with them a lot. I wanted to fry them but I always think that’s too much fat… this is great! Thank you!

13. Tartelette says:

Great recipe! I have zucchini chips on my list for the week thanks to you!!

14. Half Baked says:

Great recipe! I love zucchini and I can’t wait to try them this way!

15. Peabody says:

Mmm, I love deep fried zuchinni, I should be healthy and try it this way!

16. Janna says:

These look SO STINKIN good! I will definitely be trying this out on the guinea pig husband. I love oven baked crispy goodies. Thanks!

17. Jaime says:

i’ve made a similar recipe in my blog – i saw it on another foodie’s blog. they are delicious and i think either a marinara sauce or ranch dressing is great with these :)

18. Kristen says:

What a great idea. I can’t wait to give this a try!

19. MyKitchenInHalfCups says:

I’m impressed with these! Baked . . . can’t get any better than that.

20. SteamyKitchen says:

great idea to make zuke chips, i’m sure i’ll have plenty of zucchini in my garden this year.

21. Anna says:

these look like they taste great and since they’re baked they’re healthy…or healthier. or at least we can pretend :)