Butternut Squash Risotto

1. Bellini Valli says:

This is my favourite risotto think. I originally tried it at a spa and had to go home and make it:D

2. nicisme says:

One of my favourite risottos!

3. Kalyn says:

I love butternut squash, so this looks fabulous to me. Would you believe, I’ve never made risotto. Nowdays, it’s because that type of rice is so not South Beach friendly, but I don’t know why I never made it before I was eating this way. I did used to eat it a lot. (I would definitely eat some of yours if I had a chance!)

4. MyKitchenInHalfCups says:

This is always welcome to my table. I love risottos and butternut is a favorite. Only in the last few years have I made them at home. When I decided that a dish that every Italian housewife made using what was available could not be so hard to do, I’ve had success after success.

5. Ann says:

One of my very favorite winter dishes! Your risotto looks really appealing!

6. Erin says:

This looks delicious! I discovered this past December that I really like butternut squash, so I’ll have to give this a try!

7. Leslie says:

wow..that looks great!!!Thanks for visiting my site! As for the banana bread..chocolate chips would be a great addition! I have a post on my blog for banana chocolate marble cake that is to die for! Check it out!

8. Cookie baker Lynn says:

Your risotto is such a happy color – you know it’s going to taste good and be good for you, too.

9. StickyGooeyCreamyChewy says:

I love butternut squash. Unfortunately, no one else in my family will eat it. :( Your risotto looks perfectly delicious, though. I’m sure I would enjoy it!

10. My Sweet & Saucy says:

That looks so delicious…a perfect homey meal!

11. dobetter says:

Yummm. Looks like something my whole family would enjoy. Gotta try this one!

12. Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) says:

I love risotto — it’s really quite easy to make, and once you’ve got the technique, you can make it with anything. My absolute favorite is mushroom risotto, made with both dried and fresh mushrooms.

13. Aran says:

oh gretchen, this looks fantastic!!

14. bobby says:

I have never tried to make risotto but this one looks great. Butter, wine and garlic – I’m in!

15. Erinn says:

Oh this sounds so yummy, I love the idea of the squash and the flavor of nutmeg, and the color is so pretty.Sadly, I’m horrible at making risotto, the consistency is always off. Any tips????

16. Hillary says:

Making risotto is on my list of things to do…yours look absolutely scrumptious!

17. Dana McCauley says:

If you come to Toronto, I’d love for you to try my husband’s award winning risotto. He’s the chef a Pangaea Restaurant and his mushroom risotto is a signature dish on the menu

18. Kevin says:

Nice looking risotto! Butternut squash risotto is one of my favorite risottos. The sweet squash goes well with the creamy risotto with its parmesan cheese.

19. RecipeGirl says:

This is one of my favorite risottos. Looks delish!

20. Deborah says:

I love butternut squash, and I bet it is fantastic in risotto!

21. Cara says:

butternut squash is one of my favorite foods – especially in risotto. I don’t see my beloved winter squashes much in summer blogging, so I’m happy to see it make an appearance!

22. Cakelaw says:

Risotto can be scary if you get it wrong, but this looks perfect! I made buuternut squash risotto once based on a Jamie Oliver recipe and it turned out a gluggy disgusting mess – it was binned!

23. katiez says:

I make risotto lots in the winter – my favorite way to use up the leftover bits of anything!This looks perfect!

24. Sophie says:

Your blog features a delicious array of recipes; the way you’ve chosen to present your recipe collection is admirable. We’d like to pass along a gift to you; it’s an acclaimed service that any cook with a recipe collection would feel honored to use. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested.

25. Jude says:

The texture looks so nice and creamy. I wish I had some arborio in the pantry right now.