Chocolate and coffee have never made a better pair than with these delicious brownies!
South American Chocolate Brownies
160 grams of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
160 grams of unsalted butter, cubed (cold is fine)
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of flour
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 300F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, butter the foil, place the pan on a baking sheet, and set aside.
2. Combine the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat in order to melt slowly. Set aside to cool slightly. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add sugar and stir to combine. Sprinkle flour and salt over the chocolate mixture and gently combine.
3. Scrape the batter into the pan and bake 50 to 60 minutes at 300F, or until the top is dry and crackled and a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and allow the brownies to cool.
4. Carefully lift the brownies out of the pan, using the foil edges as handles, remove the foil and cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into 16 squares.
5. Serve with Frozen Coffee Whipped Cream.
Yield: Makes 16 brownies
Source: Baking From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan