Challah [BBB]

1. Irene says:

Excellent! This looks amazing and very eggy, just how I love to have Challah. I’ve been looking for a great recipe. I’ve baked challah before, and the first time I did it (I was a very, very novice cook), I forgot to put in the eggs!!!

2. Baking Soda says:

Oh yes I can believe that, it’s a very touchy-feely bread hehe, the smells, the color, all the curves..Well done Gretchen!

3. Liz says:

Challah? Holla! Looks gorgeous, well done!

4. Clumbsy Cookie says:

I really need to make challah at home. Yours looks so perfect! Did it smell good? I bet!

5. Happy cook says:

I made a braided bread last week and loved it. It was so relaxing to make them and was looking around for a challah recipie.This looks like a absloutl winner.Will try them.

6. Mary says:

This is a beautiful loaf of bread. It’s a winner!

7. sunita says:

Your challah looks perfect, Gretchen.

8. Snooky doodle says:

these look amazing. And even though I don t like baking bread I d like to try this recipe. Did you use regular flour or bread flour ??

9. MyKitchenInHalfCups says:

Fantastic Gretchen!Touchy feely just like everybody wants to hold a baby;)Drama in the oven!

10. Sara says:

gorgeous! i’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe.

11. Dana McCauley says:

Gorgeous loaf – I love this kind of bread. It makes the very best French Toast ever!

12. Erin says:

This looks beautiful! I’ve made Challah before as well, but I’ve been looking for a new recipe to see how they compare.

13. Darius T. Williams says:

I can totally understand why this bread is irresistible. But, I can’t bake – just cook…So, you bake…and I’ll eat…deal?-DTWwww.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Irene – This was incredibly delicious! This is a wonderful recipe!Baking Soda – It was wonderful! I need more soon!Liz – Haha! Thanks!Clumbsy cookie – Oh it smelled and felt and tasted outrageously great!Happy Cook – Hope you do try this recipe, it was so tasty!Mary – Thanks!Sunita – Thank you!Snooky Doodle – It was wonderful bread, well worth trying! I used all purpose flour from King Arthur.Tanna – If only you could see all the hands that had to touch this one!Sara – Thank you Thank you Thank you!Dana – I bet it would be great french toast if it stuck around that long!Erin – Please do try this one. I have made some before and this was way better!!DTW – Haha! You should try baking sometime, at least for me, it is very relaxing!

15. StickyGooeyCreamyChewy says:

That is a beautiful loaf of bread! Challah is a fave of mine. It makes the best French toast!

16. Cookie baker Lynn says:

Your challah turned out beautifully! Isn’t it great to be able to check something off your “to bake” list? Great job, baking buddy!

17. Aran says:

that is a beautiful challah. and the smelling of the bread is a gorgeous shot. what i would be doing too!

18. Rosie says:

Gorgeous challah it has turned out perfect – well done!

19. Tartelette says:

Absolute beauty Gretchen! Freshly baked bread rocks!!

20. Passionate About Baking says:

Your challah is singing to me…it’s gorgeous!

21. Lien says:

Beautiful that’s the word I word use to describe your bread!It really is a lovely bread isn’t it, both tastewise as its looks. Great bread Gretchen!

22. Kim says:

Wow, you did a great job, your challah is beautiful. I thought your photos were quite clever as well. I love baking bread.

23. veron says:

Oh boy, I just can smell the wonderful aroma of bread wafting from your blog. Looks gorgeous!

24. farida says:

I love Challah a lot. Yours turned out so nicely. So beautiful!

Susan – Thanks! It never made it to french toast! It was already gone!Lynn – Thanks! I love when I feel as though i accomplished things!Aran – Thanks! My friend was taking pictures and I liked how it turned out.Rosie – Thank you!Helene – Thanks so much!Passionate about baking – It was beautiful and delicious!Lien – Thanks! It was so tasty too!Kim – Thanks! I love fresh baked bread as well!Veron – MMMmmm, yes…delicious!Farida – Me too! It was delicious!

26. proofofthepudding says:

Challah is my faaaaavorite!!! Seriously, just thinking about it makes me hungry (and brings a smile to my face!). Yours looks delicious!

27. Jude says:

The recipe is definitely a keeper. Nice pictures!