Wine Cake [SHF]

1. Snooky doodle says:

this looks nice. I just made a wine cake with red wine and it tasted good.

2. Darius T. Williams says:

Ahh – the cake looks good – and it doesn’t look that hard to make either!-DTWwww.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

3. Bellini Valli says:

If it tastes like eggnog it would be perfectr for the holidays with a glass of cream sherry:D

4. Garrett says:

I’ve never heard of cream sherry, either. Not even when looking for dessert wines. If this cake tastes so much like eggnog, it could be perfect for the upcoming holidays.

5. MyKitchenInHalfCups says:

Gretchen this recipe so excites me I can hardly type. Really beautiful cake.

Snooky Doodle – Thanks! Interesting…a cake with red wine?DTW – It is certainly not too hard and is really very tasty!Bellini Valli – That is exactly what I thought!Garrett – New to me, but perfect in this cake.Tanna – I am so glad you like the idea of this cake and I hope your version works for you!

7. Lael says:

This cake sounds so good…though I don’t think I could bring myself to buy cake mix in a box…I’ll have to do some fiddling around/research and give it a shot! Thanks for sharing!