Caramel Peanut Topped Brownie Cake [TWD]

1. CB says:

My caramel took longer than 5-10 minutes too. More like 15 minutes. Glad you like the brownie-cake. I thought it was great but I agree that I might do a different cake recipe if I make it again. Love that first photo. PS. Dare to keep dreaming…Clara @ iheartfood4thought

2. HoneyB says:

I hope as time passes that knot in your stomach goes away. I don’t have it anymore when I think of my own future, but I do get it when I think of my son’s. He is so unsettled right now and doesn’t know what he wants. Life is not a piece of cake….too bad it wasn’t otherwise it would be wonderful!

3. Engineer Baker says:

I agree – I get a knot in my stomach the minute I think about my dreams. I’d rather just confine my aspirations to baking projects too. This, too, shall pass, right? In the meantime, that is one lovely looking brownie cake you’ve got there. Fantastic job!

4. Amanda says:

Well wish me luck, this is my first recipe with TWD and I will be making it once the kids head off to school! Yours looks divine!

5. Andrea says:

Your cake looks lovely. I always enjoy reading what you have been up to and have given you an award that you can see on my blog.

6. LyB says:

I get a knot in my stomach too but mostly when I think about my children’s futures. Oh, well, I guess we all have something to worry about, right? You certainly don’t have to worry about that cake, it looks fantastic! :)

7. mimi says:

ah, dreams are great, even the small ones.your cake looks amazing, the topping is just so gooey and oozy and fantastic!

8. Jodie says:

I agree about the dry cake and a more exact measure for cooking the caramel. Yours looks great- so gooey!

9. Sarah says:

well you don’t have to worry about your cake, because it is gorgeous! great job!

10. Cookie baker Lynn says:

Wow, that cake looks like a dream come true! I made that caramel topping once for a cheesecake and I cooked it too long – it got kind of hard. Yours looks just right.

11. rainbowbrown says:

I find the small baking dreams to be pretty damn fulfilling. Glad this one came around for you! Looks great!

12. Teanna says:

I agree! I definitely would make this again, but with a different cake recipe! Yours looks fantastic!

13. Rebecca says:

I asked myself that question a thousand times before I changed careers. Sometimes it helps to just grab a notebook and once a day answer the questions: What is the best life for me? What do I want? You’ll get there. ;)

Clara – Thanks for you encouragement! HoneyB – I am glad I only have myself to worry about and don’t have to think about the lives of any children at this point.Engineer Baker – Baking projects are so…do-able! A piece of cake does seem to make things better!Amanda – Good luck, I am sure it will turn out great!!Andrea – Thanks so much! I look forward to picking up my award!LyB – True, I am sure we can all worry about something.Mimi – Thanks!Jodie – A better chocolate cake (with a bit of coffee in it) would put this over the edge!Sarah – Thanks!Lynn – It was delicious. I bet the sauce would be great over cheesecake. Maybe a brownie base, cheesecake over it and caramel peanut sauce over the top?Rainbowbrown – Baking dreams seem wonderful at times. Just enough to keep me on track!Teanna – Definitely a do-over but with delicious adjustments!Rebecca – It is true, I need to keep at it. Thank you!

15. Sweet Charity says:

I agree about the caramel- more explicit instructions would have been good, especially for people who have never made a caramel before.Beautiful cake, I’m glad it turned out for you!

16. vibi says:

This could easily show in a cooking magazine… the light, textures and everything else about your picture, are great! BRAVO!

17. Shari@Whisk: a food blog says:

Your cake looks perfect! I like your openness about dreaming and what you would do if you couldn’t fail. I find myself in the same spot and find it easier to just go bake a cake instead. Thanks for sharing a part of yourself.

18. pinkstripes says:

Yum! your cake looks delicious. Some times it’s easier to act (bake) than to worry…

19. Erin says:

It’s hard to imagine what we would do if we knew we couldn’t fail. I hope that baking gives you some happiness for now. Your cake looks perfect! I think baking is such a great escape sometimes.

20. Tammy says:

great photos. Glad you liked it! thanks for making my pick

21. MyKitchenInHalfCups says:

Beautiful Gretchen! Marvelous topping.

22. Marthe says:

I really enjoyed this recipe, but agree with you: next time I would use a cake that is more moist than this one.

23. Kevin says:

That looks so good!

24. Mevrouw Cupcake says:

Your cake looks just like the book, well done!

25. kim says:

i am definitely feeling the same way as you about my dreams… i wish there was an easy answer, but i think i’d resent it if there were ;)your cake looks superb!! great job. i agree that the cake recipe was a little dry, though.

26. Rachel says:

What a photogenic cake! Looks like yours turned out perfectly!

Sweet Charity – I can appreciate good directions when something can turn from sweet to bitter in a matter of moments!Vibi – Thanks for the nice compliments!Shari – Isn’t it easier to just bake when we feel a bit overwhelmed? Pinkstripes – Thanks. It is easier for me to be in the kitchen than face life sometimes!Erin – Baking is certainly my escape. Tammy – Oh, I certainly enjoyed your pick – YUM!Tanna – Thanks!Marthe – That just gives us an excuse to bake it again!!!Kevin – Thanks! It was!Mevrouw Cupcake – Oh thank you!Kim – Sorry you are feeling the same way. It is true, I suppose if they were easy, maybe we wouldn’t appreciate them quite the same.Rachel – Thanks!

28. Flourchild says:

I love your brownie cake. The topping looks wonderful. I can’t wait to see your biscotti cookies.

29. bbaking says:

aah this looks amazing! shame I’m not allowed peanuts when I’m pregnant! yum!

30. Jaime says:

i think many of us have been waiting to make this cake! it was certainly good but perhaps maybe it looks slightly better than it tastes?

31. Emilia says:

where is trhe recipe I dont see it?

Flourchild – MMmmm…it was really delicious!Bev – So sorry!Jaime – Yes! It was one of the first things that caught my eye!!Emilia – You can find the recipe on the hosts blog: http://weetreatsbytammy.blogspot.com/2008/04/april-cupcake-hero-earth-day.html