Cookies

[TWD] Lenox Almond Biscotti

This week was my opportunity to select a recipe from the large Baking: From My Home to Yours cookbook. There really were so many things I wanted to choose, but decided on something that hadn’t been done before with TWD – Biscotti! Both the Chocolate Biscotti and Lenox Almond Biscotti sounded absolutely delicious to me, but I could not resist the fun of mixing and matching the spices and add-ins of the almond version. I hoped that many people would not only attempt biscotti for the first time, but would be creative and make some fun new combinations of biscotti – something that suited their tastebuds.

I was terribly intrigued with the black pepper version and was convinced that I was going to make them – no matter what! I hesitated ever so slightly but reassured myself when I sprinkled the pepper in my hand and mixed it with a pinch of dough. I knew I was going to enjoy them – immensely! I used 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper for half a batch of the biscotti.

Since we were on the brink of fall when I chose the recipe, I knew I had to play with pumpkin pie spice. I knew it would be perfect with crystallized ginger since the spice mixture contained ground ginger. The dough was shaded with the spice mixture and the biscotti was studded with ginger. Two problems resulted in this version…first, I was tired and did not feel like chopping the ginger into smaller pieces and secondly, this was the wettest of the four versions (no idea why!) and spread way too much so the ginger chunks became ginger boulders and were not warmly received by the tasters. I used 1/4 cup of crystallized ginger and 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice for half a batch of biscotti.

The most obvious combination for me was the cranberry pecan one. How much more fall can you get with those flavors. I could have used the pumpkin pie spice again, but wanted to be a bit more focused so I chose ground cardamom to accompany the cranberries and toasted pecans. These were delicious and had beautiful colors throughout them. I could imagine some white chocolate with these, maybe as chunks throughout or drizzled on top. I used 1/4 cup of dried cranberries, 1/4 cup of finely chopped toasted pecans and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamom (although this could have been increased) for half a batch of biscotti.

Finally, the quickest eaten of the bunch were most close to the original version in that they were simply stepped up by the addition of dark chocolate chips. I enjoy almonds, but knew I needed something to make this version just a bit more in the league of the other ones. I knew dark chocolate would do the trick…and that it did…these were eaten before any of the rest and the were already requested again. I used 1/4 cup of sliced almonds and 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips for half a batch of biscotti.

I greatly enjoyed trying out some fun versions of biscotti with this recipe. However, I am not sure I would use the cornmeal again as I found it crunchy in an unappealing way. The baking time was found to be stated as much shorter than required in the cookbook itself. Finally, these biscotti spread in an unfashionable manner – they tasted fine, but the loaves seemed to almost double in width. I see a lot of possibility with these biscotti but would only want to repeat them if they were stopped from spreading!

Lenox Almond Biscotti

Source: Adapted from Baking From My Home to Yours

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups of flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 cup of yellow cornmeal
  • 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure almond extract
  • 3/4 cup of sliced almonds, blanched or unblanched

Preparation

1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and cornmeal together. (If you are adding ground spices, add them to this mixture before combining.)
  3. Beat the butter and sugar together at medium speed for 3 minutes, until very smooth. Add the eggs and continue to beat, scraping down the bowl as needed, for another 2 minutes, or until the mixture is light, smooth and creamy. Beat in the almond extract. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the dry ingredients, mixing only until they are incorporated. You'll have a soft, stick-to-your-fingers dough that will ball up around the paddle or beaters. Scrape down the paddle and bowl, toss in the almonds and mix just to blend.
  4. Scrape half the dough onto one side of the baking sheet. Using your fingers and a rubber spatula or scraper, work the dough into a log about 12 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide. The log will be more rectangular than domed, and bumpy, rough and uneven. Form a second log with the remaining dough on the other side of the baking sheet.
  5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the logs are lightly golden but still soft and springy to the touch. Transfer the baking sheet to a rack and cool the logs on the baking sheet for 30 minutes.
  6. Using a wide metal spatula, transfer the logs to a cutting board and, with a long serrated knife, trim the ends and cut the logs into 3/4-inch-thick slices. Return the slices to the baking sheet, setting them again on the same sides as before and slide the sheet back into the oven.
  7. Bake the biscotti at 350F for another 25 minutes, or until they are golden and firm. Transfer them to racks and cool to room temperature.

Lenox Almond Biscotti is being served up for Tuesdays With Dorie. This weeks TWD recipe was chosen by ME! Thanks to all my fellow TWDers who played along with me this week! Enjoy more Lenox Almond Biscotti by visiting the blogroll at the Tuesdays With Dorie website.

See what else I have made with Tuesdays With Dorie.

80 Responses to “[TWD] Lenox Almond Biscotti”

1. Thanks for chossing this recipe Gretchen – the biscotti are delicious, and I elecited expressions of delight from my co-workers (who are so used to my baking that it has to be special for them to comment at all now!). I love the sound of the cranberry pecan version.

Posted by Cakelaw | October 14, 2008, 1:17 am
  2. Yay, yay, yay! Great (and delicious) twists! Thanks so much for picking this recipe… is one of my favorites so far! =D

Posted by Isa | October 14, 2008, 5:11 am
  3. How great that you made so many versions. I know you said that the dough spread a lot — it does — but I think your finished biscotti look lovely and really quite elegant.

Posted by dorie | October 14, 2008, 5:24 am
  4. wonderful choice this week!! i’ll try some of your variations the next time i make them, especially the cranberry pecan. yum!

Posted by Lori | October 14, 2008, 5:37 am
  5. Love the variations! Especially the dark chocolate almond!

Posted by HoneyB | October 14, 2008, 5:44 am
  6. All your variations sound incredible! I wish I’d had more time to play around. I wasn’t sure about the cornmeal in these but you’re making me want to try some variations! Great pick this week! :)

Posted by LyB | October 14, 2008, 7:19 am
  7. Thanks for choosing a great recipe! :) It was definitely fun for fall!

Posted by Karen | October 14, 2008, 7:24 am
  8. thanks for the recipe choice! it is great to see all of the variations you tried. awesome job & nice pics!

Posted by kim | October 14, 2008, 7:41 am
  9. Each one of the flavours is a winner…what great biscotti Gretchen. Really really nice!

Posted by Passionate About Baking | October 14, 2008, 7:46 am
  10. Thanks for picking this recipe! It is my favorite so far. All your variations look fabulous.

Posted by noskos | October 14, 2008, 7:48 am
  11. Great pick, Gretchen! I love all your variations. I’m going to have to try the cranberry pecan, and the ginger sounds like a great addition too.

Posted by Di | October 14, 2008, 8:04 am
  12. I love your creative variations. I have some pumpkin pie spice and never would have thought to use it – that’ll be for next time. Thanks for choosing this!

Posted by Melissa | October 14, 2008, 8:04 am
  13. Oh Gretchen I love your playing with the ginger! I must explore that one myself. And the pumpkin spices are just a perfect idea with biscotti! Love all the ways you played with this.Last year I made a savory parmesan cheese one that was great.

Posted by MyKitchenInHalfCups | October 14, 2008, 8:15 am
  14. I love all your spins on the recipe–I’ll take one of each please!! :)Thanks for choosing biscotti–it was the first time I had attempted them, and I know it will not be my last! They are JUST SO GOOD!!(Alas, I did not get brave with alterations–I went ‘by the book’…yes, I’m a nerd)Cheers!

Posted by Lady Baker | October 14, 2008, 8:18 am
  15. I love all your variations. This was such a great pick!

Posted by Prudy | October 14, 2008, 8:20 am
  16. Gretchen, thank you for picking this recipe! These were my first biscotti but I will be making them again and again…I like you variations too.Audrey

Posted by Audrey | October 14, 2008, 8:29 am
  17. Gretchen,I’m one of those “first time” biscotti eaters, much less bakers. FABULOUS!!! Thank you so much for selecting this recipe and thank you Dorie too. Love your blog. Off to the gym to burn up the biscotti and then back to read your variations on the biscotti. Thanks again!AmyRuth

Posted by AmyRuth | October 14, 2008, 8:32 am
  18. Wow. You made all those variations? What a great host! I have to try the cranberry-pecan version b/c your picture makes it look so tasty! Great pick this week. Thanks for hosting!Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Posted by CB | October 14, 2008, 8:41 am
  19. Thanks for choosing this recipe! I found my biscotti spread a lot too, but then I thought maybe that’s what they’re supposed to do? They looked great once they were done. You outdid yourself with all the different biscottis you made.

Posted by BAKE-EN | October 14, 2008, 8:44 am
  20. Thanks for picking a great recipe Gretchen! This was my first time baking biscotti and I can’t wait to try some variations!

Posted by Kimberly Johnson | October 14, 2008, 9:00 am
  21. Your variations look amazing! Thanks for this great pick. Did you like Memoirs of a Boy soldier- I loved it, but it gave me horrible nightmares.I am with you on wanting to live on a farm for a year or forever and growing all your own food. Barbara Kingsolver did and wrote about it in- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, if you haven’t already read it. Wow, this is a long comment! Sorry, I got carried away!

Posted by Mary Ann | October 14, 2008, 9:06 am
  22. This really was a wonderful choice of recipe, Gretchen – you really gave everyone a chance to experiment. Your variations all sound fab; I was very intrigued by the black pepper, and think I’ll try it some time (I add black pepper to my pumpkin pie and it’s great). The ginger variation sounds really perfect, and with the ginger chopped up I’ll bet it would be tasty. Refrigerating the dough before baking really controlled the spread for me.Nancy

Posted by n.o.e | October 14, 2008, 9:27 am
  23. Great choice! Mine spread…way too much…but it was a fun experiment. I can’t believe you tried all of those different variations. Now that is dedication!

Posted by Sarah | October 14, 2008, 9:34 am
  24. Wow, four different versions would be dangerous for me to have around. I wish I had taken the plunge and put black pepper in mine. Great pick this week!

Posted by Engineer Baker | October 14, 2008, 9:51 am
  25. Kudos for such a wonderful choice! Great hit in my house. My biscotti didn’t spread to much but still tasted delish, i had minis! Love your combos!

Posted by Christine | October 14, 2008, 9:52 am
  26. Super duper choice. All of your flavors sound wonderful!

Posted by rainbowbrown | October 14, 2008, 9:55 am
  27. Thanks for choosing the recipe. I’ve been eating the biscotti non-stop since I baked it last night! :-)

Posted by Piggy | October 14, 2008, 10:11 am
  28. Cakelaw – Glad your co-workers enjoyed them enough to say something about them! The cranberry pecan was super!Isa – Thank you! I am so glad you enjoyed these!Dorie – I am so honored that you would visit and comment on my post! I enjoyed the various flavors that I was able to make with these. Thanks for shring them with us.Lori – Thanks! Please do so, they were tasty!!HoneyB – Mmm…that was a favorite with the people I baked them for. Yum!LyB – It was really fun to make different versions. I think I might try semolina instead of cornmeal just to have less of a crunch.Karen – You are very welcome!Kim – You are welcome, and thank you!Passionate about Baking – Glad you enjoyed these biscotti!Noskos – Your favorite? Well, I am glad I picked a winner!Di – Thanks! I had even considered mixing the cranberry, pecan and ginger together!Melissa – definitely try the pumpkin pie spice (especially the one from Trader Joes) in these – delicious!Tanna – I love ginger so I thought it appropriate to add it to these biscotti. I was really tempted to add parmesan cheese to the black pepper ones. Yum!Lady Baker – Sorry…all gone in less than 36 hours! I am so glad these were the first time making biscotti for you, fantastic!Prudy – Thanks! Glad you enjoyed!Audrey – Glad to know you enjoyed them and plan to make them again!AmyRuth – Glad you baked and ate the biscotti for the first time! Yeah! I enjoy it now and then, it is a great excuse to make coffee!CB – I did! Thanks! The cranberry pecan one was delicious! Just the perfect pick for fall.BAKE-EN – The spreading thing…I think I would try to refrigerate before baking. That may stop the spreading. Glad you enjoyed the recipe though!Kimberley – So glad you made biscotti for the first time with this recipe!MaryAnn – Thanks! I did like the book, but then I had been in Liberia and Ivory Coast and now in Peru I hear stories like that often. I have seen that book in the stores by Kingsolver but did not know what it is about, maybe I will have to get my hands on it!N.O.E. – Glad you enjoyed it. Black pepper to your pumpkin pie?? Hmmm…I will try chilling the dough next time, that sounds like others had success with it.Sarah – Glad you enjoyed this one. I wanted to have a bunch of ways to taste these!Engineer baker – Just think though, four versions means less of each one! Do try the black pepper version – very fun!Christine – Glad your household enjoyed these! I would have done minis had I been able to control the dough a little more. Minis are always fun!Rainbowbrown – Thanks!Piggy – Careful! They are addicting!

Posted by Gretchen Noelle | October 14, 2008, 10:18 am
  29. Thanks so much for choosing biscotti. I had never had it before.

Posted by chocolatechic | October 14, 2008, 10:40 am
  30. Thanks for picking this one!! I love your variations . . . very creative and inspiring. :)

Posted by Sandy Smith | October 14, 2008, 10:49 am
  31. Gretchen, a little trick i would like to share that my italian mamma tought me…take some tinfoil and pinch up the sides to make a trough of sorts that will help to control the spread, you should be able to fit two logs of dough on a baking sheet this way with foil pinched up on either side of both logs. hope this helps! enjoy your blog!! carolina

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2008, 11:27 am
  32. It looks great! I love learning about all these cool foods on your blog!

Posted by The Blonde Duck | October 14, 2008, 11:27 am
  33. Thank you so much for choosing this recipe! This was by FAR my favorite recipe yet!

Posted by Teanna | October 14, 2008, 11:44 am
  34. Wow! You made several kind of biscotti and they look nice! I think my favorite one is dark chocolat, but I’m not sure, I have to bake the other ones!

Posted by Céline | October 14, 2008, 11:53 am
  35. Your biscotti looks great! I love all of your ideas for add ins.

Posted by Flourchild | October 14, 2008, 11:59 am
  36. Thank you for choosing this recipe. I loved making the biscotti. It has inspired me to make more using some of the different variations. They were sooo easy to make.Your’s look great. Yum!

Posted by pinkstripes | October 14, 2008, 12:01 pm
  37. Wow, I love all the combinations and variations you tried. It’s good to know which were the favorites, too. You are so sweet to have mentioned me in your TWD OSI. I’m truly honored and flabbergasted at the same time. I have thought about quitting TWD since it’s such a time commitment, but when I get a comment like yours I feel like I can keep going. You are an inspiration to be blogging from Peru and sharing your experiences with all of us! Thank you for taking the time to share the kitchens and tastings from Peru. And thanks for a great pick. The biscotti is by far my favorite so far.

Posted by Shari | October 14, 2008, 12:12 pm
  38. What completely amazing and INSPIRING variations you’ve done here!! Thanks for choosing this one. I’m looking forward to lots more biscotti baking in the future.

Posted by Pamela | October 14, 2008, 12:49 pm
  39. Thanks for choosing this recipe–these were so fun to make! I am impressed with all of your variations–they look great!

Posted by Rachel | October 14, 2008, 1:15 pm
  40. Great pick this week, Gretchen, and I’m intrigued by all the varieties that you baked!

Posted by Madam Chow | October 14, 2008, 1:50 pm
  41. I love all the variety! I can’t wait to experiment more and try out different versions. Thanks for choosing biscotti this week. I had never made it before but had always wanted to, so I finally got my chance!

Posted by Erin | October 14, 2008, 2:01 pm
  42. thanks for picking this recipe. my husband said he no longer wants any other biscotti!

Posted by Mary Jo | October 14, 2008, 2:19 pm
  43. Love them! This was a great week for me to start.

Posted by Candy | October 14, 2008, 2:27 pm
  44. I think you hit a home run with this selection, Gretchen! Thanks so much for introducing me to biscotti making — I would not have made these if you hadn’t picked them, and I just loved them. Your variations look great! Thanks again!

Posted by Cathy | October 14, 2008, 2:37 pm
  45. I agree completely about the recipe – urg on the cornmeal.

Posted by suburban housefrau | October 14, 2008, 2:57 pm
  46. I added about a 1/4 cup of flour to a full batch to reduce spreading. I think you could also reduce the butter by a bit.Thank you for the great pick!

Posted by Qataria | October 14, 2008, 3:03 pm
  47. The cracked black pepper does sound intriguing. Thanks for choosing this week’s recipe! It was my first time making biscotti.

Posted by Carla | October 14, 2008, 4:12 pm
  48. Wow, I am floored by your variations! I teach Spanish and often use cookbooks from Ecuador to teach my students… do you have suggestions for books about Peruvian cooking? Thanks!

Posted by Libby | October 14, 2008, 4:13 pm
  49. Thanks for choosing these Gretchen! I love them. I made the original version, but can’t wait to get creative with different ingredients. Mine spread a lot too. But still, they were delicious!

Posted by Annette | October 14, 2008, 4:41 pm
  50. thanks for chosing this one! I think it was the best biscotti i have made!

Posted by Tammy | October 14, 2008, 4:45 pm
  51. Yeah, you pretty much rock for picking this recipe! It was SO good! i am making this all the time! I have gifted so much of it out, and now i need more for….me!I love all the variations you tried!

Posted by ~Kimberly | October 14, 2008, 5:13 pm
  52. wow–look at that variety! you went all the way this one! thanks for the pick…we loved these cookies

Posted by steph- whisk/spoon | October 14, 2008, 5:23 pm
  53. Great job on all of your variations!It’s funny that you say yours spread too far– mine didn’t spread at all and I ended up with short, stubby biscotti. I always love reading how things vary from baker to baker!

Posted by Kait | October 14, 2008, 5:42 pm
  54. ChocolateChic – You are very welcome, I am glad to help you eat new things!Sandy – You are welcome! I hope you are inspired enough to bake them again!Carolina – I like the trough idea, I have had to do that with cakes. I may have to try it next time.Blonde Duck – Thanks! Enjoy!Teanna – You are very welcome! I am so glad it was a favorite!Celine – Thank you! The dark chocolate almond was by far the favorite for my friends!Flourchild – Thanks! Hope you try some biscotti creations soon!Pinkstripes – You are very welcome! I am glad you found them tasty and easy!Shari – You are very welcome! I really am always in awe of your ideas and how much you take things to the next level – amazing!!!Pamela – Thank you and you are welcome! Hope you make more soon!Rachel – You are very welcome, I really enjoyed being creative!Madam Chow – Thanks so much! I enjoyed creating them!Erin – Thanks! I hope you share some of your experiments with us! Glad you finally made biscotti!Mary Jo – You are very welcome! I am glad your husband was so impressed!Candy – So glad you began with biscotti!Cathy – Great to hear it! I am glad you made something you would not have chosen and you liked it! Yeah!Suburban Housefrau – Next time, no cornmeal, K?Qataria – I do think some minor adjustments may help quite a bit on these. You are very welcome!Carla – Oh, black pepper…totally worth trying! So glad you made biscotti for the first time – yeah!Libby – Thanks so much! Books for Peruvian cooking…the best I can recommend are all in Spanish and available in Peru. Maybe I should write one to sell here? :)Annette – Youa re very welcome! Getting creative was fun since there is so many things you could do with them!Tammy – You are welcome! Glad you enjoyed them!!Kimberly – Yippee! Glad you enjoyed them! Time to make more for yourself then, no?Steph – Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them!!Kait – How strange you had no spreading! Thanks!

Posted by Gretchen Noelle | October 14, 2008, 5:46 pm
  55. What a wonderfully dramatic picture with the branches in your background! Very suitable for these dramatically good cookies. These were the first time I’ve ever made biscotti and they are a big hit both at home and at work.Wonderful suggestion!All best!

Posted by Lisa | October 14, 2008, 6:44 pm
  56. ahhhhhhhhhhh AMAZING! black pepper in biscotti?! wooo! even though it’s not similar at all it reminds me of that Italian cheese pepino pepato–hard asiago with whole peppercorns, which i had for the first time in small kitchen of immigrant Italians in northern france. anyways.i love your blog! i know NOTHING about Peruvian food–and since you are the first Peruvian food blog i’ve ever seen—i will have to add you to my reading list.:)

Posted by Mallory Elise | October 14, 2008, 6:49 pm
  57. What a fun pick! This really changed my mind about biscotti. Can’t wait to try more flavors.

Posted by Rebecca | October 14, 2008, 8:46 pm
  58. thanks for picking such an adaptable recipe! you challenged me to try something new (and i liked it!) :)

Posted by Jaime | October 14, 2008, 8:57 pm
  59. Yes, omg! My biscotti also spread like there was no tomorrow. I didn’t bake them as part of TWD, but I did make them recently. Strangely enough, I had to increase the baking time because I didn’t think mine browned enough, and I ended up really liking the addition of the cornmeal (maybe next time, though, I would use a little less of it… it was a bit *too* crunchy). The rest of your biscotti flavors look amazing! I’m especially partial to the ones with pumpkin spices… :)

Posted by Irene | October 14, 2008, 9:59 pm
  60. I never would have thought to try the black pepper version, but I am definitely going to try the spice version. The lemon are always great, though.I see on your “things to make” list that you have crepe cake – I’d like to make it too. Let me know which recipe you are going to use, because I found a really cool one the other day – and it isn’t the Martha Stewart recipe that the Daring Bakers used.

Posted by Megan | October 14, 2008, 10:52 pm
  61. Wow…you went all out!!!! You’ve made many newly minted biscotti converts…this was a terrific choice, and I’m totally inspired by your variety…especially the black pepper version!

Posted by Linda | October 14, 2008, 11:03 pm
  62. Great choice, I really enjoyed this recipe. I love that you made different kinds. I will do that next time too.

Posted by Natashya | October 14, 2008, 11:50 pm
  63. Wow! you really did your selection proud with all the various flavors. I think I am going to have to make some crystallized ginger biscotti. That sounds so good!

Posted by Carol Peterman | October 15, 2008, 12:18 am
  64. This has been my favorite TWD recipe so far. Great choice!

Posted by Katie Barlow | October 15, 2008, 12:36 am
  65. I loved reading all your answers to the questions. I used to live down the street from a Peruvian restaurant in Minneapolis. I never went in there. Now i am going to make a trip there and check it out!!! Anything special i should try? Hey, how were the cracked pepper biscotti???

Posted by Sabrina | October 15, 2008, 7:31 am
  66. Great choice! These were delicious. I love that you tried lots of different variations. I will have to go back and attempt that since the base recipe is so good.

Posted by the Spaz | October 15, 2008, 8:41 am
  67. I love that you made so many versions! I sat this week out, but yours look great!

Posted by Jodie | October 15, 2008, 9:48 am
  68. Good heavens! You’re a biscotti maniac! Look at all of those wonderful combinations! I can’t decide which I like best. Thanks for choosing this great recipe, Gretchen. It made a total convert out of me!

Posted by StickyGooeyCreamyChewy | October 15, 2008, 10:10 am
  69. Thanks for forcing me into these. I definitely would have skipped them otherwise and they were great. Bummer that the pumpkin pie spice ones didn’t work out so well. They certainly sound fabulous!

Posted by bakingwiththeboys | October 15, 2008, 2:42 pm
  70. I’ve never been a fan of biscotti, like so many others I’m finding out! You coaxed me out of my comfort zone and I thank you for choosing this recipe! It was absolutely delicious and I will definitely make them again. Thank you!

Posted by Amanda | October 15, 2008, 3:21 pm
  71. Love the combinations that you made, they sound amazing! I like the tree background too :)

Posted by Lorraine E | October 15, 2008, 9:38 pm
  72. Your biscotti look so good with that steamy cup of coffee. You made a wonderful choice and have started something in my house now – there will be a lot more biscotti baking around here.

Posted by Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats | October 15, 2008, 9:44 pm
  73. What a wonderful pick! I very much enjoyed the biscotti! :)

Posted by Rigby | October 15, 2008, 10:45 pm
  74. Thanks for picking this recipe! I absolutely loved these biscottis after I finally used the right ingredient….:)

Posted by Marthe | October 16, 2008, 4:53 am
  75. Lisa – Thanks! I am glad your biscotti were liked by all!Mallory Elise – Black pepper, yes! And I almost thought to through in a bit of parmesan. I am glad you will continue reading my blog!Rebecca – Glad you enjoyed them!Jaime – You are welcome! I wanted something everyone could enjoy!Irene – The spreading thing threw me off as I have never seen that happen before. Thanks!Megan – Try the black pepper version! Crepe cake, I do have an idea and wanted to email you – can you get in touch with me?Linda – Thanks! I hope you are inspired enough to try the black pepper vrsion – totally delicious!Natashya – Thanks! I am glad you liked them!Carol – Do try the ginger ones, just be sure to chop them finely. I also thought about fresh grated ginger. Katie – I am so glad!!Sabrina – Great question…most Americans start with Lomo Saltado, I am not sure why as it is not my favorite. Aji de Gallina or Seco would be at the top of my list. Oh, and do try the black pepper biscotti – so delicious!Spaz – Glad you enjoyed these. Hope you do more variations!Jodie – Thanks!Susan – Yeah! A convert! Glad you enjoyed them!Baking W/Boys – You are welcome – I am glad you enjoyed them!Amanda – I am glad you came out of your comfort zone and found you enjoyed these!Lorraine – Thanks!Sherry Trifle – Mmm…and they were tasty like that! Glad to hear you liked them!Rigby – Glad you enjoyed them!Marthe – You are welcome…and I am intrigued!

Posted by Gretchen Noelle | October 16, 2008, 11:04 am
  76. So – I’m loving the flavor combos – really! All you guys did such a great job on this – really!-DTWwww.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Posted by Darius T. Williams | October 16, 2008, 8:53 pm
  77. Great pick! It was fun and easy to make! I love your cranberry pecan combo!

Posted by Heather B | October 16, 2008, 9:14 pm
  78. Thanks for picking this recipe – I loved it!!! Your combinations are fantastic!!! I love pecans, can’t wait to try it out.

Posted by chez us | October 16, 2008, 10:50 pm
  79. Very nice choice. I had been thinking about making biscotti since I’d never done it before, but was a little intimidated. Thanks for the nudge.

Posted by Lisa magicsprinkles | October 17, 2008, 8:45 am
  80. Good choice! Thanks, I’m a recent biscotti convert and I really enjoyed these a lot. Yours look fantastic, the pepper version sound intriguing.

Posted by Jacque | October 17, 2008, 8:17 pm