Pumpkin Muffins [TWD]

1. Big Boys Oven says:

have yet to try a pumpkin muffin, will try them soon.

2. Engineer Baker says:

Too funny how your brain works, isn’t it? I do think that these would be awesome using sweet potatoes though.

3. HoneyB says:

I think sweet potato would work also!

4. natalia says:

Ciao ! I love your picture ! and your stories about peruvian cuisine (I’m sharing it with a peruvian friend right now)

5. lusciousfood.com says:

the del sisters used sweet potatoes – i think that’s a great idea.

6. Sarah says:

i bet the chocolate chips would be great…good job!

Big Boys Oven – You should certainly try one, especially this fall!Engineer Baker – Yes, I realize that it has “converted” and I think sweet potatoes would be perfect!HoneyB – Yes! I shall have to try them that way!Natalia – Wonderful! I love to share my tales!Lucious Food – I will have to check theirs out. I think it sounds perfect!Sarah – Mmm…they were very good in these!

8. Amy says:

Mmm, I think sweet potato would be excellent! These look great – I like that you used chocolate chips!-Amywww.singforyoursupperblog.com

9. kim says:

i agree that sweet potato would be a great substitute! your muffins came out beautifully.

10. Cathy says:

You know, that is really an excellent point. I just reflexively buy pumpkin because it is easy to find and I “like pumpkin.” But is it really pumpkin I like (I can’t imagine eating pumpkin puree straight out of the can!) or the spice combination traditionally thought of as “pumpkin pie spice?” Hmmmm. I WOULD eat a sweet potato straight, however, and am so intrigued by your idea of using sweet potatoes in this recipe. Your muffins look beautiful, either way!

11. Erin says:

They look beautiful! I love the addition of chocolate chips. I bet these would be great as sweet potato muffins!

12. Peggy says:

I think sweet potatoe muffins with chocolate chips sounds wonderful. Your muffins look great.

13. Karen says:

I love hearing how things are different there in Peru. I bet sweet potatoes would be good as well!

14. TeaLady says:

OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Sweet potato. Nice substitution. And chocolate chips. And pecans. Fantastic! I will have to try your recipe. Yummy!Always wanted to visit Peru. Well, Machu Pichu actually. Looking forward to reading your blog.

15. n.o.e says:

Oooh, what an idea: sweet potatoes. I am a transplant to the South, and for the longest time I’d be disappointed whenever I saw Sweet Potato Pie (thinking it was pumpkin pie, my favorite). But now I’m used to it, and I think the muffins would be amazing.Nancy

16. Tammy says:

I used chocolate chips too – a great substitution I think!

17. BC says:

You’re right – it is just like a squash. I’ve had sweet potato substituted and I could not tell a difference!

18. Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats says:

Love the idea of sweet potato. It’s a lot easier to handle than pumpkin as well.

19. AmyRuth says:

I love the interchangeable aspect of sweet potatoe and pumpkin. They are both delish. Yes, chocolate chip was my favorite. You muffins look beautiful.AmyRuth

20. Kim says:

Pumpkin or sweet potato, this recipe looks like a winner. I want one right now with my hot coffee.

21. Amber says:

I am just jealous that you are in Peru! Sweet potato works great, and many squash also. I just bought Dories book so I plan to join this week. Congrats are working with what you’ve got.

22. Heather B says:

Great job! They look delicious!

Amy – Thanks!Kim – Sweet potato is one of my favorite things!Cathy – It is true. Sometimes we choose things out of habit, not because we really like them!Erin – Thanks! They tasted good with the chocolate.Peggy – I will have to try them like that, I agree!Karen – Thanks, I love sharing how things are diferent!Tealady – All things tasty together! I would also love to visit Machu Picchu!noe – I too am very used to sweet potatoes and find myself really wanting them!Tammy – Perfect!BC – I think sweet potato would have been much better!Sherry Trifle – I think so as well. Easier for me to find as well!AmyRuth – They do seem interchangeable to some extent. Thanks!Kim – Me too…but they are already gone!Amber – I am so glad you will be joining us!Heather – Thanks so much!

24. Liz says:

Sweet potato muffins–now there’s something I haven’t tried, but I’m sure they would be equally tasty.

25. Marthe says:

Your muffins look delicious!

26. StickyGooeyCreamyChewy says:

These muffins were just so-so for me too. Yours look lovely, though. I’ll bet the chocolate chips were great in them.

27. CB says:

Mmmm chocolate chips and pecans. I bet that tasted awesome. Bummer it wasn’t a favorite but I can’t wait to see what you do for the chocolate cupcakes next week!Clara @ iheartfood4thought

28. Shari@Whisk: a food blog says:

It would be interesting to taste these side by side: sweet potato and pumpkin. Too bad they didn’t meet your expectations!

29. LyB says:

Sweet potatoes, I love that idea! You are quite resourceful, I’ll have to try that trick sometime! :)

1. April 10, 2012

[…] muffin recipes –  Sweet Potato Muffins (I replaced the pumpkin with sweet potato from these Pumpkin Muffins) and Full of Grains Muffins – and an Overnight Breakfast Casserole that was so simple, my […]