WHB: Sri Lankan Beef Dinner

1. MyKitchenInHalfCups says:

Gretchen I love discoveries like this! What a fun story, not easily forgotten either!

2. Darius T. Williams says:

Oh yea – I’m loving this! Now THIS looks great!-DTWwww.everydaycookin.blosgpot.com

3. Kalyn says:

How fun discovering that. I haven’t heard of the Peruvian word for the local turmeric, so I learned something new! The recipe sounds fantastic too.

4. Erin says:

This looks delicious! I love to hear about your stories of learning about different foods.

5. StickyGooeyCreamyChewy says:

This looks wonderful, Gretchen! We ate at a Sri Lankan restaurant in London once and it was phenomenal! I’ve never seen one around here before, but I could try your dish and pretend I’m back there. :)

6. Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) says:

This is the kind of dish I love to build an entire meal around. It will send me to the cookbooks to find other Sri Lankan specialties now.

7. Snooky doodle says:

what a nice dish. I like it :)I didn’t know tumeric was that healthy

8. Deborah says:

what a great discovery! this looks delicious!

Tanna – Thanks! I was so glad to figure it out!DTW – Thanks! It was delicious!Kalyn – I had wondered for so long, now I am glad to share with others!Erin – Thanks so much!Susan – I have never eaten at a Sri Lankan place, but would be very tempted to do so!Lydia – Oh, it was tasty! Hope you find some more!Snooky Doodle – Yes, healthy and delicious!Deborah – It was tasty!!

10. natalia says:

Ciao ! This stew looks terrific I can almost smell it ! I love your blog !

11. Happy cook says:

Looks so delicious and creamy with the coconut milk.I would love to have them with rice for my dinner.

12. Shari@Whisk: a food blog says:

Interesting post! I wonder why there are two names. Is it simply domestic versus non-domestic? Your Beef Dinner looks and sounds delicious!! Lots of spices and coconut milk always gets me! Love it.

13. Ning says:

Many Filipino dishes use turmeric paired with coconut milk. In a way, this Sri Lankan dish is similar to Filipino dishes. Thanks for sharing! We learn something new everyday! :)

Natalia – Mmmm…it was really very tasty!Happy Cook – Perfect with rice and some tasty vegetables.Shari – I really have no idea, but I know the secret now! It was very tasty.Ning – Thank you for sharing! Great to know!

15. Jude says:

Turmeric is such an essential flavoring in many cuisines… thanks for the info in your post!

16. [eatingclub] vancouver || js says:

Glad to hear that the palillo mystery has finally been solved.

17. Erika says:

I have a post on turmeric that may interest you – with further details on its heath benefits especially as a cancer preventative! Plus a recipe with this spice, cauliflower and coconut milk. Erika