Dessert

Chocolate Arborio Rice Pudding

Looking to kick your rice pudding up a notch? Chocolate is certainly the way to do it!

Chocolate Rice PuddingChocolate Arborio Rice Pudding

Ingredients

1/4 cup of arborio rice
2 cups of water
2 1/4 cups of whole milk
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/4 cup of chocolate chips

Preparation

1. Combine rice and water in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and boil for 10 minutes. Drain, rinse and set aside.

2. Combine milk and sugar in the same saucepan, bring to a boil over medium high heat. Add rice, lower heat and gently simmer for about 45 minutes or until the mixture thickens. (I always run my finger on the back of the spoon, if it leaves a track, it is done.)

3. Add chocolate chips and stir to melt into the mixture. Cool slightly, cover with plastic and cool completely in the refrigerator.

Yield: Serves 2
Source: Adapted from Baking From My Home to Yours

19 Responses to “Chocolate Arborio Rice Pudding”

1. Yours looks yummy! Mine was a disaster but I might have to try it again with your changes. Great job!

Posted by Heather B | November 18, 2008, 6:47 pm
  2. Yours looks perfect! And if it’s up for a re-do, it counts as a success.

Posted by Engineer Baker | November 18, 2008, 6:54 pm
  3. Looks perfect!-DTWwww.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Posted by Darius T. Williams | November 18, 2008, 7:32 pm
  4. Your rice pudding looks perfectly creamy. And the chocolate, oh my.

Posted by pinkstripes | November 18, 2008, 8:11 pm
  5. Looks so creamy …… great job! I loved this recipe, very easy and good!

Posted by Chez US | November 19, 2008, 12:37 am
  6. Great job on the chocolate version! Your favorite recipe sounds so delicious…sweetened condensed milk and port…how decadent!!! I’m definitely putting your recipe to the test very soon.

Posted by Linda | November 19, 2008, 12:51 am
  7. Your pudding looks great!

Posted by HoneyB | November 19, 2008, 4:44 am
  8. Yum! Looks very delicious! The photos are great too. I want some right now!!!

Posted by The Food Librarian | November 19, 2008, 8:46 am
  9. Heather – Sorry to hear that yours didn’t turn out!Engineer Baker – Yes, I think I will be making more before the week is out!DTW – Thanks!Pinkstripes – Thanks! Yes, the chocolate was creamy and dreamy!Chez US – Thanks! It did turn out to be pretty easy thankfully!Linda – Thanks! I do hope you try my version. I can’t explain how much I love it!HoneyB – Thank you!Food Librarian – Sorry. All gone. Making more soon. :)

Posted by Gretchen Noelle | November 19, 2008, 8:50 am
  10. creamy and dreamy alright! way to go!you have NO IDEA what your second picture is doing to me, girl! I’m staring at it. hungrily. mungrily. ahhh. LOL. what did you top it with? :)so, so hungry! btw, is your spoon a bamboo spoon? cause it looks like something I have!

Posted by Eunice | November 19, 2008, 1:01 pm
  11. YES! The best rice pudding is indeed made with sweetened condensed milk. I’m amazed this simple fact isn’t better known. So simple! And sooooo tooth-rottingly delicious.

Posted by Rachel | November 19, 2008, 4:12 pm
  12. it look´s so delicious

Posted by suesse-mahlzeit | November 19, 2008, 4:32 pm
  13. That pudding looks delicious! I tried the vanilla but those photos make the chocolate tempting.

Posted by Tracey | November 19, 2008, 5:47 pm
  14. Looks great!

Posted by gabe's girl | November 19, 2008, 8:16 pm
  15. Looks great!

Posted by gabe's girl | November 19, 2008, 8:16 pm
  16. Looks great!

Posted by gabe's girl | November 19, 2008, 8:16 pm
  17. Looks lovely, although I’ve never jumped on the rice pudding bandwagon. You seem to love your original recipe so much though, I must admit, you may get me to hop on the wagon. Yeeehaw!

Posted by Erinn @ SundayDish | November 19, 2008, 10:00 pm
  18. I enjoyed the chocolate version, but I preferred my original version too.

Posted by Shari@Whisk: a food blog | November 20, 2008, 11:12 am