Linzer Sables [TWD]

1. Elra says:

That dainty cookies look so delicious, and very pretty.Cheers,Elra

2. vibi says:

WOW Gretchen Noelle! How delicate, how dainty… and perfect!What an accomplishment… you must have been predisposed for Holiday baking, carryins such a perfect name for the season!

3. Engineer Baker says:

Come to think of it, I liked these cookies, but how could they beat alfajores? Beautiful, yes, and good with tea, but probably not the one I’d pick up in a cookie assortment. Yours look beautiful though. Happy travelling!

4. What's for Supper? says:

I really liked these cookies. I have never had the Alfajores. I will have to try them!

5. What's for Supper? says:

6. What's for Supper? says:

7. pinkstripes says:

I think these cookies were more pretty than tasty. Your’s look great!

8. Snooky doodle says:

even though you didn t like these . they look nice :) I haven t tried them so I can t judge. Have a nice trip.

9. MyKitchenInHalfCups says:

I've only had Linzer Sables from a bakery and they were excellent. These look pretty.Safe & discovery travels!

10. Christina says:

Those cookies look really good, even if it wasn’t how you wanted. Heh, I tried using the future blogging thing, but yeah, it doesn’t quite work…Have a good trip, Gretchen!

11. kim says:

they look beautiful, even if they weren’t your thing! checking out the alfajores now. they look delicious :)

12. Cafe Johnsonia says:

They look great anyway.

13. HoneyB says:

well, grumpy would probably be right there with you in the “not liking field”. I however loved them. More for me I guess (like I need them! lol)

14. Kim says:

I love these cookies! How can you resist a shortbread buttery cookie with jam and powdered sugar?

15. Cynthia says:

Lovely presentation. Glad this group includes someone from Peru. A good friend in grad school was from Lima and told me lots about the wonderful food there.

16. Susan from Food Blogga says:

I just think these are some of the prettiest cookies ever. Wishing you safe and happy travels!

17. The Blonde Duck says:

I’ve never had those. At least they’re pretty, even if they were too crunchy for you!

18. sunita says:

But, dear Gretchen, they do look so pretty…that alone would be enough to entice me :-)

19. L*Joy says:

It is alright to not care for them, although I echo everyone else that they are positively, perfectly, sweet looking. Excellent job!p.s. telling my blog to post “on a later date” never works for me either. sometimes i think i am just missing something obvious.

20. RecipeGirl says:

These are gorgeous! I love how you made miniature cookies too w/ the cutouts!

Elra – Thanks!Vibi – Thanks! I love holiday baking, it is just hard with it being summer here!Engineer Baker – Cannot beat alfajores! Never!Whats For Supper – You need to try alfajores. Definitely!Pinkstripes – They were pretty, but no the taste wasn’t incredible.Snooky Doodle – They were pretty, but not so tasty.Tanna – I need to try other recipes, they might be better.Christina – Glad to know I am not the only one!Kim – Make the alfajores. Make the alfajores. Make the…Cafe Johnsonia – Thanks!HoneyB – Glad you enjoyed them!Kim – I would just like my shortbread cookie to be flakier. Yum!Cynthia – Thanks! Oh, the food here is incredible!Susan – Thanks!Blonde Duck – They were more pretty than tasty.Sunita – Thanks, looks can be deceiving.LJoy – Good to know I’m not alone!Recipe Girl – Thanks! I couldn’t leave the mini ones out!