Real Butterscotch Pudding [TWD]

1. Sarah says:

great job! i thought the scotch taste was prevalent, but perfect.

2. Sabrina says:

Looks Great! I never put together the whole Butter & Scotch combo either! :)

3. Snooky doodle says:

I m no t a big fan of butterscotch but paired with some banana cakes i think its amazing :)

4. rainbowbrown says:

Talk about innovative. Those cakes are darling.

5. Donna says:

Glad you liked the pudding. It was rather decadent wasn't it? I didn't make it in the food processor either. Too many horror stories! Gorgeous photos as always!Have a wonderful holiday!Donna Spatulas & Corkscrews

6. chocolatechic says:

Looks fabulous.

7. LyB says:

I just loved this pudding so much! I don’t think I would ever use a food processor to make pudding, just too complicated! :)

8. Anonymous says:

Wow! The recipes look great, but I’m even more impressed by how you always make them look so beautiful. :) Ironically, I will have to try some after Christmas, when I actually have time to cook!–Anne B.

9. Cristine says:

Your pudding looks great!

10. HoneyB says:

I don’t have a food processor either so I just used the wire whisk. Nothing wrong with good ole handy work!

11. spike. says:

looks great, especially with those banana cakes

12. Jaime says:

wow, i think you win for most beautiful color in your pudding this week! happy holidays!

13. confectiona says:

Thick or thin — this stuff is addictive.

14. steph- whisk/spoon says:

butterscotch soupd with banana cakes–sounds like you came up with a winner afterall!

15. Gabe's Girl says:

Wow, good for you to press on! I did not make this, but I was going to use my blender. too. I just ran out of time and energy! Good job!

16. Gabe's Girl says:

17. Gabe's Girl says:

18. Madam Chow says:

Gretchen, you sound like me – my husband thought it was a bit boozy, but I didn’t (and I don’t drink!). I thought it was a great recipe, too. Those little banana cakes look wonderful, by the way.

19. Shari@Whisk: a food blog says:

Can’t wait to see what’s coming! I love the rich color of yours.

20. My Sweet & Saucy says:

This looks heavenly!

21. Mrs. L says:

I love butterscotch pudding but it’s not something that I find served in most restaurants. But honestly “butterscotch soup with banana cakes”?? Sounds even better! YUM!

22. Cakelaw says:

Looks great Gretchen – I am sure that your guests enjoyed their “soup”. The banana cakes served with it are just gorgeous.

23. Vera says:

The pudding looks luscious! Merry Christmas and the wonderful holidays, Gretchen!

24. Yamile says:

I’ve never heard of butterscotch here in Lima, but this pudding looks really amazing!!!By the way, I hope you have a merry Christmas here in Perú!!

Sarah – I found the taste balance perfect!
    Sabrina – Too funny, no?
    Snooky Doodle – It actually did taste really good with the cake.Rainbowbrown – Thanks, I liked them!
    Donna – I think the food processor was overrated. Although I haven’t tried it. Maybe I’m missing out?
    ChocolateChic – Thanks!
    LyB – It was delicious, wasn’t it!
    Anne B. – Thanks! I hope you do enjoy some of them!
    Cristine – Thanks!
    HoneyB – No, there is nothing wrong with making things by hand. Literally.
    Spike – Thanks!
    Jaime – Hehe, Thanks!
    Confectiona – True, so true!!
    Steph – The combination was delicious, that is for sure!
    Gabe’s Girl – Thanks! You should definitely try it, it was tasty!
    Madam Chow – I definitely did not think it was too boozy, I thought it was perfect. I liked my little cakes too!
    Shari – Mmmm…it was delicious too!
    Sweet & Saucy – Thanks!
    Mrs. L – Too funny. Soup it was!
    Cakelaw – Thanks! I enjoyed the combination of the two!
    Vera – Thanks!
    Yamile – Thanks! I don’t think butterscotch is something common here although I have found many Peruvians who enjoy the flavor.

26. Little Miss Cupcake says:

This looks delicious. And I have to laugh…I just finished making the Butterscotch Tartlets from the “Baked” cookbook – my first time making butterscotch too — and I have a feeling it’s not going to harden properly either. The recipe said the ‘scotch should be very thick when removed from heat, but mine did not thicken up even though I left it on for about two minutes longer than suggested. Just put in the fridge for the firm-up so we’ll see. Thanks for giving me a good idea for “soup” though in case I find the same! :)

27. Kevin says:

That butterscotch pudding looks really good! Now I am craving some…

28. kim says:

wow, your pudding has such a lovely dark color! it looks great. glad you enjoyed it in “soup” form too :)