Aguadito // Peruvian Cilantro Soup
Aguadito is a delicious, flavorful soup which is traditionally made with chicken giblets. This version is meatless, although turkey or chicken would be a wonderful addition!
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of pureed cilantro
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of “choclo”
- 1 cup of fresh green peas
- 1 cup of cubed carrots
- 1/3 cup of uncooked white rice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté about 8 minutes or until golden brown. Add cilantro puree and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add choclo, peas and carrots to the mixture and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender; stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle in white rice. Simmer for 10 minutes or until rice is tender; stirring occasionally.