Crema de Espinaca // Cream of Spinach Soup
- 4 cups of spinach, cooked
- 3 cups of hot vegetable (or chicken) broth
- 2 cups of hot milk
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 egg yolks
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Puree spinach with a bit of broth.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add flour and mix well. Slowly add hot milk and broth. Bring the mixture to a boil and allow to cook for 5 minutes. Add pureed spinach. Season the soup with salt and pepper.
- Beat egg yolks in a small bowl. Add a small amount of the soup to the eggs while whisking constantly in order to temper them. Incorporate the yolks into the soup.