- 1 teaspoon of canola oil
- 1/2 of an onion, cut into strips
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 dried Peruvian yellow peppers, seeded
- 1 Peruvian yellow peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup of huacatay leaves
- 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
- 1/4 pound of queso fresco
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 5 animal crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and both peppers; sauté about 5 minutes or until they are golden.
- Add huacatay leaves; sauté 2 more minutes or until leaves are wilted. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, combine evaporated milk, queso fresco, and peanut butter; puree. Add onion mixture; puree. Add animal crackers to thicken. Puree until smooth, then strain (optional). Season with salt.
Serve with cooked potato slices and hard boiled egg.