Pisco Sour Cupcakes
Pisco Sour Cupcakes
1/2 tablespoon key lime zest (zest from about 3 key limes)
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons fresh squeezed key lime juice
3 tablespoons Pisco
2/3 cup of plain (natural) drinkable, yogurt
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers.
2. Combine lime zest with sugar, rubbing together to release all the flavor.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside. Combine lime juice, Pisco & yogurt in a separate bowl.
4. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until well combined, beat on high one more minute. Add the eggs, one at a time, to the butter mixture and then add the vanilla (scraping downward as you mix).
5. Add the flour mixture in 3 stages alternating with 2 additions of the yogurt mixture, blending between each addition until just combined. (i.e. add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, stir, add 1/2 of the yogurt mixture, stir, and continue alternating.) Divide batter into pan lined with cupcake papers.
6. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes, turning the pan after 10 minutes.
7. Transfer to a cooking rack and cool 5-10 minutes. Brush with Pisco Glaze (recipe follows) then frost with Pisco Sour Frosting.
2 Tablespoons of Pisco
3 Tablespoons of powdered sugar
1. Combine Pisco and powdered sugar in a small bowl and apply to cupcakes using a pastry brush.
Pisco Sour Frosting
1/2 cup butter (choose one without artificial coloring)
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3 Tablespoons Pisco
1/2 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1. Cream butter and shortening in a medium bowl, until smooth. Add Pisco & lime juice. Continue to cream, again until smooth.
2. Combine powdered sugar and salt. Add 1 cup at a time to butter mixture, beat to combine.
3. Swirl onto cooled, glazed cupcakes.
Yield: 12-14 cupcakes