Every fall, stores are full of apple butter and pumpkin butter – but have you ever seen prune butter? It is time to make you own!
- 3 cups packed prunes, pitted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped very finely
- Cover the prunes with water in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat. Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, until the prunes are very soft, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of the liquid.
- Place the prunes and liquid, lime juice and sugar in a food processor and process until pureed. Scrape the prune butter into a bowl and stir in the walnuts.
Â© 2011-2013 Provecho Peru. All Rights Reserved.