Raspberry Dimple Cake
Want a sweet way to say Happy Valentine’s Day? This is the perfect cake to do it!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup panela // light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons of lime zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup of red raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a large heart baking pan with cooking spray, dust the inside with flour, tap out the excess and put the pan on a baking sheet.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter at medium speed until soft and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the sugar and beat for another 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for a minute after each addition. Add the oil, lime zest and vanilla and beat to combine. Reduce mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture, mixing only until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the raspberries over the batter, poke any down partway if they are too far out.
- Bake about 40 minutes, or until the top is honey brown and puffed around the raspberries and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Transfer the cake to a rack and cool for 15 minutes. Carefully invert, flip and cool right side up.