Mushroom Ceviche // Ceviche de Champiñones
- 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed key lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 aji limo pepper
- 1 tablespoon of minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of olive or vegetable oil
- 1 pound of white mushrooms, sliced thick
- 1 red onion, julienned
- salt and pepper
- 1. In a blender, combine lime juice, garlic, aji, cilantro, parsley, and ginger. Blend until fully liquefied. Add oil slowly to allow for emulsion. Pour over sliced mushrooms in a medium sized bowl. Add onion and mix to coat. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes to allow the flavors to combine; stir occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. To serve, line a plate with lettuce, top with mushroom mixture and accompany with boiled & peeled sweet potato, boiled choclo and toasted canchita.
Originally posted on Canela & Comino on Apr 19, 2008.