Ceviche de Champiñones // Mushroom Ceviche

1. dobetter says:

Very interesting. I think this would be very good with the lime, ginger and cilantro flavors. Very savory! And the crunch of the red onions…fantastic.

2. Kevin says:

That Mushroom Ceviche looks good. The mango ceviche also sounds really good!

3. Cookie baker Lynn says:

Mmm, this looks wonderful. I love the lime juice and cilantro in it.

4. Lina says:

I am a big fan of Ceviche but I’ve never heard of or tasted mushroon Ceviche before. Very creative!

5. Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) says:

I never realized that things other than fish could be ceviche. Thanks — a wonderful and informative post!

6. Chuck says:

I love mushrooms and this recipe is new to me. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I’ve never heard of Ceviche before. Interesting!

7. Lisa says:

Thanks for this unique mushroom dish. Sounds very refreshing.

8. Christina says:

I definitely need to make this for my dad. He enjoys eating marinated mushrooms and this would be a perfect dish to accompany a springtime meal. Thanks for the little lesson. I wasn’t aware that ceviche wasn’t solely for fish!

9. RecipeGirl says:

What a great entry for the event.Count me in among those who have never heard of anything but seafood ceviche!

10. Tartelette says:

I love that every country has an interpretation of this dish. In Provence, we call it escabeche and use tomato paste and white wine with whole coriander seeds. I am looking forward to trying your version!

11. Julie says:

This sounds wonderful Gretchen and mushrooms are one of my favorite things.

12. Aran says:

sounds so refreshing gretchen! we call it escabeche in spain, so good!

13. Emiline says:

Wow! Does that work? I never thought anything besides seafood could be “ceviche”-I must try this.

14. farida says:

very interesting recipe. love the idea of fresh herbs in the salad.

15. Suzana says:

Amazing! I love mushrooms with fresh herbs. Wonderful entry, Gretchen.

16. Cara says:

This sounds fantastic – lots of my favorite flavors. I will definitely be saving this one! I also did not know that ceviche was not limited to seafood. Thanks for the info!

17. Deborah says:

I have actually never had a ceviche. This sounds delicious!

18. LisaRene says:

Hello, I’m having fun viewing Lisa & Holler’s roundup and I think you are the first to prepare a cold mushroom salad. Love the combination of lime and ginger with the other spices. I would have never thought to serve the mushrooms with sweet potatoes! Interesting combination I will have to try, I know my husband would love it!

1. March 29, 2012