Cake

Chocolate Guinness Cake

Beer in cake? Certainly! This is a delicious combination of flavors and easily comes together if you can get your hands on a box of cake mix, something not always easy to come by here in Peru.

Chocolate Guinness CakeChocolate Guinness Cake

Ingredients

1 box of dark chocolate cake mix (one with pudding in the mix)
1 bottle of Guinness Stout (or other dark beer)
1/2 cup of canola oil
3 eggs
4 oz. Bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350F.

2. Combine the cake mix, Stout, oil, and eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed just until combined. Add bittersweet chocolate and gently stir in. Divide between the two 8” cake pans, coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when stuck in the middle.

3. Remove from oven and cool in pans for about 15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Once cooled, frost with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.

Yield: Serves 12
Source: Raley’s Extra

Originally posted on Canela & Comino on Oct 28, 2008.

21 Responses to “Chocolate Guinness Cake”

1. this looks nice and the taste must be particular. I wish to try a chocolate guinnes cake too.

Posted by Snooky doodle | October 28, 2008, 3:21 am
  2. Chocolate and beer ? Never tasted , it sounds good and your cake looks great ! ciao

Posted by natalia | October 28, 2008, 3:45 am
  3. this looks delicious

Posted by MEDITERRANEAN KIWI | October 28, 2008, 4:48 am
  4. Holy Hannah – I am drooling over here. That looks DELISH!

Posted by Bunny Trails | October 28, 2008, 7:28 am
  5. WOW – this looks super!-DTWwww.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Posted by Darius T. Williams | October 28, 2008, 7:55 am
  6. What a pretty looking cake. Looks like it could be for a pretty little garden party…

Posted by Sabrina | October 28, 2008, 8:16 am
  7. Your cake looks SO GOOD!

Posted by Teanna | October 28, 2008, 9:59 am
  8. Sounds good to me!

Posted by Cafe Johnsonia | October 28, 2008, 12:54 pm
  9. You’re killing me…I haven’t eaten lunch yet and I came upon this delectable treat that is shouting out “eat me!”. I’m a total choco-holic so I will put this on my plate to make and eat! Thanks for sharing.

Posted by Jeni | October 28, 2008, 1:43 pm
  10. I am so going to be thinking of this cake at Thanksgiving while eating pie! I am a cake lover at heart, simply beautiful!

Posted by Kim | October 28, 2008, 2:05 pm
  11. I love your frosting!!It looks absolutely delicious…

Posted by Leonor de Sousa Bastos | October 28, 2008, 5:19 pm
  12. I love the way you have done the frosting!

Posted by Tammy | October 28, 2008, 6:05 pm
  13. Nice job with the frosting! This cake looks fantastic.

Posted by Katie | October 28, 2008, 6:29 pm
  14. Yum! That looks really good!

Posted by Karen | October 28, 2008, 9:54 pm
  15. Snooky Doodle – I do hope you get to try one of these, they are delicious!Natalia – it may sound strange but it is oh so good!Mediterranean Kiwi – Thanks! It is!Bunny Trails – It is delicious!DTW – Thanks! It was tasty!Sabrina – Thanks, I was glad how it turned out.Teanna – Thanks!Cafe Johnsonia – Mmmm…it was tasty!Jeni – Ha! Sorry! I hope you do try it! It was so tasty!Kim – Hehe! I love cake as well so this will be delicious!Leonor – Thanks!Tammy – Thanks, I like how it turned out too!Katie – Thanks! It was great!Karen – Yes! It was!

Posted by Gretchen Noelle | October 28, 2008, 11:00 pm
  16. i have tsated guinness cupcake recently, but your chocolat guiness a such winner, just amazing, I am bitting my fingers now! lol!

Posted by Big Boys Oven | October 29, 2008, 2:40 am
  17. So interested in the flavor combo here. Can’t wait to try it out. And, wow, who knew a mix would actually be better than scratch! That is impressive. Happy Thanksgiving. There go those choco chunks, again.AmyRuth

Posted by AmyRuth | October 29, 2008, 8:21 pm
  18. Guinness cake! The hubby would love this just for that ingredient alone! They say that Guinness from Ireland tastes different to the stuff the export, I wouldn’t know, I would never drink it! I shall have to get him to bring some home next time he visits with work.

Posted by bbaking | October 30, 2008, 10:58 am
  19. A Guinness cake? Oh man, my husband will love you for this!

Posted by Mrs. L | October 30, 2008, 6:12 pm
  20. Big Boys Oven – Hope you make this one yourself, it really is delicious!AmyRuth – I know, strange that a box mix turned up something good. Bev – I hope you try this with either of the stouts. Let me know how it turns out!Mrs. L – I hope you both enjoy it!!

Posted by Gretchen Noelle | November 3, 2008, 5:33 pm
  21. I have been wanting to try a Chocolate Guinness cake. They sound good!

Posted by Kevin | November 4, 2008, 7:27 pm