Magnificent Mangoes

1. Laurie Constantino says:

I would be very happy if I had enough access to mangoes that I could tell the difference between the varieties. I was just looking at a Mango French Toast at threetastes.com and now this Crisp, which sounds wonderful. I’m most taken with your pictures of mangoes from the tree to the box. Great visuals!

2. Tartelette says:

You know me, how I love preserve jars to cook desserts in so I am loving that cobbler in a jar. Love the flavors of this cobbler!

3. Kevin says:

Look at all those wonderful mangoes! I never even though about doing a mango crisp. It sounds like a great idea!

4. AYE Admin says:

That is one of the coolest things I’ve seen in a long time. That would be so neat to have that kind of access to fresh mangoes! Yum!I’ve given you an award so go and check it out! :)http://artyoucaneat.blogspot.com/2008/04/thanks-joy-this-blog-is-excellent.html

5. Karen says:

Okay, your photos are getting more and more inspiring! Love them! Your food always looks wonderful!

6. StickyGooeyCreamyChewy says:

I used to have a beautiful mango tree years ago at our former home. I really miss it. Now, I have to buy them at the store like everyone else! :( I love your crisp! It looks delightful!

7. Aran says:

Love, love, love it!!

8. Ann says:

Oh yum! I adore crisps and I have a love-hate relationship with mangoes. This just might be the breakthrough recipe!

Laurie – I do love that we have so many varieties and I actually know what to do with them! Thanks for your comment about the production photos – they were an afterthought!Tartelette – Thanks! Your work is an inspiration for me! :)Kevin – Thanks! It was tasty!Holly – Thanks so much for my award! What an honor!Karen – Thanks! I so appreciate it!SGCC – you had a mango tree? I am jealous!!!Aran – Thanks! I thought of you the whole time I was making these! Ann – I hadn’t done a mango crisp before and I really liked it!

10. Deborah says:

I just tried my first fresh mango about a year ago. I really do love them! I would have never thought to have them in a crisp – it sounds wonderful!

11. abby says:

wow, that looks fabulous! i shall have to try and divert my next mango from a smoothie into something like this… thanks for sharing with the monthly mingle.

12. Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) says:

You’re so lucky to get a variety of mangoes; here we get just one at a time, all year round. My husband is a mango fanatic; I’m forwarding this post to hime!

13. Mansi Desai says:

Mangoes are my favorite fruits, no doubt about it!! this looks fabulous, and I’m surely making it!!:)

14. Cakelaw says:

I love mangoes, so any dish containing mangoes is a winner for me. I miss them already (sigh).

15. MeetaK says:

I am another mango lover!! And this is such a perfect dessert idea. I love the flavors! Great for the MM!

16. Bellini Valli says:

For the Royal Foodie Joust I have to come up with something made from mangoes. My dilemna is I can’t choose from all the delicious sounding recipes out there…even though I have never had a mango in my life!!! So as you can see I would have to sit on the fence at the moment on whether I enjoyed mangoes or not:D

17. Jaime says:

this looks tasty! i love mangoes and cannot see why others like my husband don’t!

18. Layla says:

Hi Gretchen, It’s so great to see that you have a new site, I was looking for Canela & Comino for a while now! I love mangoes and I am looking forward to trying this recipe!

19. Elizabeth says:

Mangoes… I love mangoes and am suitably envious of you living where mangoes grow so that you can have as many mangoes as you want without having to take out a second mortgage on the house.

I never thought of having mango crisp. I bet it’s wonderful.