Chocolate Banana Bread
Bananas and chocolate both come from the jungle here in Peru, so they obviously combine very well together!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 100 grams butter
- 1 1/4 cup rubia sugar (or use a combination of white & brown)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup drinkable plain yogurt or buttermilk
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together at medium speed until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in the mashed bananas and beat on low. Add the flour mixture in 3 additions, then the yogurt, mixing only until ingredients are combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks. Scrape the batter into the pan.
- Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 70 minutes. Cover the bread with foil if the top is getting dark. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan and cool completely.