Lime Loaf Cake [BWJ]

1. I agree should have been more lemony!! But your photographs are gorgeous!!! I love the slices!!

2. For me it came out very lemony and the smell was amazing too!

3. Elizabeth says:

Ah, the missing part of the recipe is that after you use the zest in the cake you drizzle a glaze made from the juice of one lemon and 1/4 c sugar over the hot cake right out of the oven. Poke it all over with a toothpick first so the glaze seeps in.
    This is my husband’s favourite. i have been making it for a long time.

4. jane says:

Love the pictures and the idea of curd. I added the juice of a lemon, that gave it a nice lemon flavor.

5. I think most of us agree this cake needed a glaze or something. Lime is a great alternative!

6. Ferda says:

Your cake looks great.. I like the subtle lemon zest flavor of it.. I found it too dense though, it definitely needs some cream, curd something to eat with, in my opinion..

7. Teresa says:

I loved it with lemon curd. Your lime curd looks just perfect – I bet it amped up the flavour beautifully.

8. Taji says:

Lovely!!! That curd looks so delicious :)

9. Janet says:

Great post! It was very interesting to hear about the opportunities of baking in a different country. Creative idea to serve it with lime curd.

10. Cher says:

Lime zest & lime curd sounds lovely.

This was a nice loaf, but definitley not S’bucks lemon loaf :-)

11. Lynn says:

Lime curd is one of my favorites. Always a good addition to anything citrus. I love your photos.

12. A says:

Pretty pictures! The lime curd does look great. My fave Sbux combo is a Hazelnut Americano with a Cranberry scone :-)

13. gaaarp says:

Great pictures! And I love the idea of lime loaf. I developed an obsession with citrus curd last summer, and made lemon curd, lime, curd, lemon-lime curd, and lemon-lime curd ice cream!

14. Julia says:

Mine was pretty lemony but I added the juice of one lemon to the batter. I love your pictures!

15. Carlene says:

I love the idea of lemon curd. I did enjoy the loaf, but the curd would have been a great addition.

16. YUM! Lime sounds so yummy. I read on another blog that the flavors were better the next day, so I better go pull my lemon curd outta the fridge and try some today!! :)

17. Marilyn says:

all those teeny limes look like a lot of work, and I’ve never heard of a microwave curd! the things I learn from all of the TWD’ers!

18. Julie F says:

Your lime loaf looks fantastic! The curd looks really yummy too!

19. Thanks for stopping by my blog at http://www.praycookblog.com It is so fun baking with the group! IF you get the Starbucks Lemon Loaf … will you let me know? When I took this lemon loaf to friends the comment was, “Oh I hope it is as good as Starbucks.” Sadly, it was not. ha! ha!

20. Your slices do really look perfect…I hope Starbucks brings their lemon loaf cake to Peru soon.
    : )

21. Erin E says:

Lime curd sounds so good, I will have to try that! I hope that the lemon loaf comes down to you soon (or an equivalent recipe)!

22. i know how you feel…there used to be a small coffee shop near my first job that had a glazed lemon loaf cake that i loved. ina garten had a couple of good lemon loaf cake recipes.

23. I’m so happy to have discovered your gorgeous blog! Your lemon cake looks absolutely perfect.
    -Lisa