Rustic Surprise [BWJ]

1. Marilyn says:

I like the look from the springform pan, and you pulled out all the stops on the filling!

2. bellini says:

It does sound like a truly winning combination!

3. Looks delicious & pretty too!

4. I made homemade ricotta, too – such a difference! I really like the look of your spinach pie – very, very appetizing (and pretty, so tall and thick).

5. Genkinaonnna says:

Glad you liked it! I thought the sweet crust was a little TOO sweet for the savory filling, but great idea to use spinach as well, that’s always a great partner for ricotta.

6. Oh this look so lovely baked in a springform! what a great idea. and homemade ricotta puts any other form of ricotta to shame, it’s so dang easy too. What lovely photos! so excited to meet you via TWD!

7. Allison says:

Spinach is a great idea. I bet it really livened up the filling.

8. Jen says:

Though I’ve eaten my own Pizza Rustica for the past two days straight, YOURS is making me drool all over again! Love the springform pan, and the addition of spinach.

9. Heather says:

It looks amazing! I love the addition of the spinach!

10. Heather says:

I’m going to have to try the homemade ricotta. Seems quite popular.

11. Alice says:

LOL, I think we would have rathered some other fillings than just prosciutto and cheeses, but yours looked great :) And you have inspired me to make my own ricotta since I have recently fallen in love with it! You should try the pie dough with regular sugar, it doesnt come out grainy at all! :)

12. Wendy says:

Your pizza rustica looks fantastic, especially with the spinach.

13. Elaine says:

What a beautiful pizza! I love how it looks with the spinach and I am so impressed that you made your own ricotta cheese. I am sure it was way better than store bought. Great post!

14. Cher says:

How lovely.
    Homemade ricotta is a thing of beauty (I can eat it by the spoonful). It looks like you certainly turned this one into a winner!

15. home-made ricotta.. nice!!! i too went with spinach.. and added a bit of feta to it!! your pie really looks good!!

16. Ferda says:

Beautiful pie! I like the look of it with springform pan..

17. Homemade Ricotta and spinach sounds heavenly. I was on the fence about making it but I’m so glad I did too!

18. Alice says:

your photos are great and really, love your filling choices! wish I had put a few different things in ours! :)

19. Kathy says:

Such a lovely rustica! And homemade ricotta…wow! How impressive! Nicely done!

20. Stunning!
    I need a slice.

21. Janis says:

Love the look of the pie baked in a loose bottom pan! Makes it look almost like a deep-dish pizza :-)

22. Stephanie B says:

Love the look of doing it in the straight-sided cake pan! Excellent idea…. very nice end result :)

23. KateDJ says:

It looks great, especially with the homemade ricotta.

24. PetitPlat says:

It’s not always easy to adapt recipes when you might not have all the ingredients on hand and I’m impressed that you decided to make your own ricotta! It looked lovely. May I ask what recipe you used?

25. lauren says:

I made ricotta too! YUM!! And I liked all your substitutions.

26. that looks so delicious filled with greens! and homemade ricotta made it extra special, i’m sure.

1. April 23, 2012

[…] that reason, when we made the Pizza Rustica a couple weeks back, I decided to forgo the visit to the cheese counter and try to MAKE CHEESE at […]