We are always looking for ways to include more spinach in our meals and this is a wonderful, delicious way to do just that! There is a perfect balance of flavor & crunch to accompany the fresh spinach.
- 200 grams of bacon, cooked crisp and diced (reserve the leftover bacon grease)
- 1/3 cup grated onion
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 pounds of spinach, washed, dried and chopped
- 3 large eggs, hard-boiled & chopped
- 3 cups of garlic croutons
- In a small skillet, heat the bacon grease and add the onion to saute until softened. Cool slightly and add vinegar and mustard.
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach with bacon, eggs, croutons and vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
This recipe is very simple to through together, but does require some items to be cooked & prepared. You can do several of these things the night before and toss everything together after preparing the vinaigrette.