Popovers! [BWJ]

1. these are really looking good.. making me take back my verdict on this recipe!! the pic with a popover broken in half and then filled with some preserve looks fantastic!!

2. Wonderful pictures! You made beautiful popovers, so glad you liked them!

3. Ferda says:

Beautiful popovers and photos.. I enjoyed mine with feta and honey..

4. Spike says:

Perfect! So glad these worked so well for you

5. Ckay says:

Your picutures are great and they must be delicious filled with butter and jam.

6. Cindy Harris says:

I can’t wait to make these for my grand kids. Should I call them ‘magic muffins’ or ‘monster muffins’?
    Whatever they are called they are delicious.

7. Teresa says:

Your photos are lovely – makes me want to get some more popovers in the oven right away!

8. Cathleen says:

Gorgeous photos and popovers! I love how you popped the top and added the jam. We had fun with these too! A keeper for sure.

9. Elizabeth says:

Mmmm, popovers! Yours look fabulous. Perfectly crispy on the outside with a nice big hole in the center.

Is that jam inside your popover? I’ve never seen jam in popovers although I’ve heard that many people do that. Our favourite thing with popovers is chicken a l’orange. With LOTS of orange gravy.

For me, popovers suddenly became foolproof when I started making sure that the eggs and milk began at room temperature before mixing the batter. I use our family recipe for popovers which calls for the fat to be heated in the muffin tins til smoking hot and then the batter poured into the hot fat. Mum always used the fat from the roast beef but we never have a roast large enough to produce that amount of fat. I use olive oil laced with a little butter.

10. Congratulations! They´re really perfect.

11. Cher says:

Your popovers came out beautifully – love the pictures with the jam filling.