If you love the chocolate peanut butter combination, this frosting will be irresistible!
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and milk. Combine powdered sugar, cocoa, and salt in a small bowl. Add to the butter mixture in 3 parts, beating to achieve a spreadable consistency.
This recipe makes enough for one dozen cupcakes.
If you use crunchy peanut butter, be sure to use an "open" decorator tip to frost cupcakes so that the peanuts do not block it.