Peruvian Rose Bread [BBB]

1. Terpstra says:

This looks so good! We want to try it, but are confused about how the braiding works? Do you happen to have step by setp pictures of the brading processes?

2. spiritanointed says:

Your braiding instructions were very clear, and so much simpler than I expected! Thank you for introducing me to this beautiful bread :)

3. Elizabeth says:

Your bread looks so beautiful! The definition is fantastic.

My husband is so envious of your husband. When he saw your bread, he said to me, “Why didn’t you make a sweet filling like that for me??” :-D

4. Lien says:

Beautiful rose. Your filling sounds perfect. Here sweet breads disappear quicker than savory ones as well.

5. This bread is gorgeous! I love the idea of making it into one giant Cinnamon Roll. I’m so tempted!

6. Katie says:

I want this for Christmas morning with hot chocolate… I can smell is baking already!

7. Agus says:

Nunca había escuchado de este pan!! y eso que mi madre es peruana y le encanta cocinar jaja ya la voy a interrogar a ver si sabe hacerlo, porque se ve delicioso!!
    Saludos desde Argentina!

• Gracias! Bueno — no es un pan peruano exactamente. Era una receta de Rusia con un relleno salado y yo lo hice tal como pense mejor! Me encanta el manjar y intento usarlo en muchas recetas! Saludos del Peru!

8. Ckay says:

The best, beautiful and delicious bread,…ever!
    You made such a wonderful braid and your pictures are great!

9. Aparna says:

Your pretty “rose” looks perfect. I like your filling suggestions especially the prune butter.

10. zorra says:

Perfect Peruvian rose! Love it! And you are right. One recipe different outcomes! That is what I love about bread baking!

Thank you for baking for Word Bread Day . Hope you will join us next year again!

11. Elle says:

Love the beauty of your bread Gretchen, with the swirls created by the braiding. Sweet goes over well here, too, so will have to try this one your way.

1. January 16, 2013

[…] Yes, the entire process and outcome was a bit of a mess. But was it worth it? Absolutely!!! The dough for these was sweet, soft and delicious. The sour cherry jam was a perfect compliment to the sweet dough. I thought about using passionfruit jam since it worked so well in the Hungarian Shortbread or manjar blanco to make them similar to the Peruvian Rose Bread. […]

2. November 1, 2014