Day One :: White Chocolate Apricot Oatmeal Cookies
The oatmeal cookie is elevated to delicious heights with this tasty cookie. Normally, we combine oatmeal with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or even add the standard raisins. But, I think you may find this to be a cookie you could bake year round, just to enjoy the delicious taste.
You might think of Christmas as pure red and green and normally, I would say you might be right. You might say that everything should come in the flavors of peppermint and eggnog, and normally, I would say you might be right. But! I am completely in love with the mix of flavors of these cookies. The apricot bits look like jewels and the white chocolate looks like snow.
Truly, bake up a batch of these. You won’t regret it!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal (don't use instant oats)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 200 grams butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (I used rubia sugar)
- 1 cup panela sugar (substitute with brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 200 grams white chocolate, chopped
- 200 grams dried apricots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oatmeal, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and panela (or brown) sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs, beating until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture and stir until completely combined. Add white chocolate and apricots, stir until well combined. Refrigerate until dough is stiff, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- By rounded tablespoon, form balls (for evenly formed cookies) and place them on a baking sheet leaving generous space between cookies (I suggest baking only a dozen at a time). Bake at 350F until golden brown and slightly soft in the middle, about 16 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet 2-4 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
This is part of the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies 2012 Series. Don’t miss all Christmas Cookies on Provecho Peru!