The beautiful Cuidad Blanca, Arequipa, has rich tradition when it comes to food in Peru. Some of that has tradition has been lost over the years. But, the President of the Consejo Regional in Arequipa announced today that they have chosen 11 festival dates to highlight specific foods throughout the year.
Their gastronomic calendar will begin in 2013 and will celebrate the following:
- Queso Helado Day (1.27.2013)
- Soltero de Queso Day (2.10.2013)
- Caldo de Pascua y de los Postres Arequipeños Day (2.31.2013)
- Chicharron Day (5.1.2013)
- Chimbango Day (6.23.2013)
- Chupe de Camerones Day (7.14.2013)
- Adobo Arequipeño Day (8.4.2013)
- Cuy Chactado Day (9.22.2013)
- Rocoto Relleno Day (10.13.2013)
- Chicha de Guiñapo Day (11.1.2013)
- Papaya Arequipeña Day (12.1.2013)
Stay tuned to Provecho Peru for more information and recipes about these dishes and foods. Wondering about other Peruvian Food Festival Days? Check out the Peru Gastronomic Calendar 2013 here on Provecho Peru.