Gâteau à la Crème [BBB]

1. Yours looks perfect! Wonderful job on such a tasty treat.

2. Elizabeth says:

I hope the vote goes in the direction you’d like.

But no matter how it goes, how great is it that you can use you beautiful gateau as either celebration or comfort.

The lemon custard is fabulous, isn’t it? Yours looks beautiful. And the colour of your brioche is lovely!

3. Yours is so tall and proud! I definitely want to give this filling a try my next go-round. Looks just beautiful. And I echo Elizabeth’s sentiments, I hope the vote goes in in the direction you’re hoping for :)

4. Elle says:

Sorry about the initial spillover, but this one looks perfect…the extra egg washes give it such a lovely golden crust! Hope the vote goes OK for you so that you can celebrate with morning tea and cake.

5. Lien says:

That looks beautiful, love how high it has stayed when baked in a ring. I remembered that your husband liked sweet bread, glad to see this was a great treat for him as well!

6. Tanna says:

Good to know at least somebody else had a run over issue! My free form was only eatable in the very middle and the sheet pan was charcoal, thank goodness for silpat!

LOVE the idea of filling this brioche with scrambled eggs and bacon!

7. katie says:

I think breakfast would be the perfect time for this…. Love the key limes in it.

8. Ckay says:

Gretchen,
    I was so pleased I could watch the video before baking: it made everything much easier: a piece of cake (creamy cake!) ;-)
    However I still cannot understand how he can work so quickly and clean: my kitchen is always a mess! and it certainly took me more than 5 minutes … ahahah!
    I loved this gâteau and love how your has turned out: beautiful!
    PS: great pictures!