Stovetop Teriyaki Chicken
Stovetop Teriyaki Chicken is a delicious, quick and easy recipe that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
It is funny how the recipes that I most commonly make, I rarely post. Do you know why? They are the meals that I have everything on-hand for and we are typically out of time, starving and need a quick meal. I throw it together and because stomachs are growling (loudly!) I certainly do not stop to take pictures. Stovetop Teriyaki Chicken is a perfect example. This is made with chicken breast that is almost always in my freezer and the rest of the items happen to be ones in my pantry at all times.
The original recipe was one I originally found when doing monthly menu planning and trying to incorporate more slow cooker meals into our weekly plans. I am not sure what happened the first time I tried to make the recipe. Maybe I ran out of time. Maybe I thought there was too much work before the food ever got to the slow cooker (I tend to like the slow cooker recipes where everything just goes in and there is no pre-cooking of any ingredients). Nevertheless, I made some adaptations and threw this Stovetop Teriyaki Chicken together. It was quick and incredibly delicious.
Now it gets requested on almost a weekly basis. Stovetop Teriyaki Chicken is one of those meals that I know will go over well no matter the day and time. And no matter if I made it earlier that week!
A quick, delicious chicken recipe that is made almost weekly in our house!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons panela // brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine flour, cornstarch and pepper in large Ziploc bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken on each side until browned, about 6 minutes on each side. Turn heat down to low.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, lime, juice, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small pyrex measuring cup. Fill with water until mixture measures 1 cup (about 1/3 cup water). Pour mixture over chicken, turning pieces to coat completely. Cover and simmer until sauce is thickened and chicken is cooked through, about 6-8 minutes, turning pieces occasionally.
This is one of my husband’s favorites. Check out his other favorites from my kitchen.
Teriyaki Chicken in Other Kitchens:
- Teriyaki Chicken on Rasa Malaysia
- Teriyaki Chicken Breasts on Simply Recipes
- Easy Chicken Teriyaki on No Recipes
- Chicken Teriyaki Pizza on Taste and Tell Blog
- Honey Teriyaki Chicken Recipe on Inspired Taste