Dorie’s Upside Down Cake [BWJ]

1. smarkies says:

Sorry this did not work out well for you. This turned out better than the other upside down cake for me.

2. Marlise says:

Your pictures are beautiful. I would love to know what fruit you ended up using. It looks like little tomatoes in the picture. I used a springform pan too and did not realize until reading your post that it was not supposed to be flat. Oh well.

3. Teresa says:

I’d love to hear more about the fruit you used. I’m sorry the cake didn’t work out for you, though.

4. Tammy says:

I think the secret is in the folding process, which I have yet to master. The more air you leave in before baking, the lighter the cake will be when it comes out of the oven. Also, are you maybe baking at a different altitude?

• I am baking at sea level. The first round, I beat more than folded. The second time, I carefully folded. I don’t have issues with other cakes, only these upside-down ones. The cake looks perfect when it comes out of the oven…the fall happens about 2 minutes later. As if all the air is vacuumed out! Ha!

5. Mel says:

It’s so bad that this cake is not worked for you! I followed the instructions and had a very good result. Perhaps another recipe will work best for you.
    What is the fruit that you used? It has a beautiful yellow color and makes your dessert lovely!!!

6. Cindy Harris says:

I’m so sorry you weren’t happy with this cake. Mine tasted delicious but I had a difficult time getting them out of the pan.
    Your fruit does look beautiful.

7. SandraM says:

Sorry to hear it didn’t turn out. But it does look lovely. The fruit looks nice.

8. Your cake looks beautiful, not at all like a failure. The type of fruit you used made us curious – what is it, and what type of flavor does it add to the recipe?