Holiday Pisco Coffee Cocktail
The Holiday Pisco Coffee Cocktail is a delicious mix of milk, coffee, and Pisco with enough sweetness to bring you joy and enough Pisco to bring a punch.
When I was looking into similar recipes to the Peruvian Homemade Eggnog I made recently, I ran across another drink that sounded curiously delicious. The Cola de Mono is a traditional holiday beverage in Chile and is made from milk, instant coffee and aguardiente or rum. It could be considered their version of eggnog, although there are no eggs used at all.
Given that I love coffee, I could resist making some of this. Although, I knew that it was important to make it as Peruvian as possible. So, I combined the recipes for the Chilean Cola de Mono with the Peruvian Hot Chocolate and added Peruvian Pisco. What could be better?!
This Holiday Pisco Coffee Cocktail could be served hot, warm, or cold and is perfect for the holiday season.
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup very strong coffee
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Peruvian Pisco
- Combine evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, coffee, cloves, and cinnamon sticks in a medium sized saucepan. Bring mixture to a gentle boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and nutmeg. Cover and steep for 20 minutes.
- Remove whole spices. Transfer mixture to a small pitcher and add Pisco. Stir to combine. Chill for about 4 hours.