In 2008, I received an unexpected email in my inbox that made me giddy with delight. I – me!– was invited to become part of the Bread Baking Babes. I had baked along as a buddy all year just trying to learn more about bread baking in Peru, but my efforts (not necessarily my successes!) had paid off. I began to bake as a Babe during their second year and loved it…until the fateful move that rocked my world – from Peru back to the US. At that point, I “took a seat on the bench in the back” to watch as the party went on, but I just couldn’t muster the focus to bake along.
When I started Provecho Peru, one of the first emails I sent off was a request to bake-along again. I was ready to be a Baking Babe (and not *just* a Babe!). I jumped back in to the yeast and flour to celebrate the 4th anniversary of the Babes and am so glad to be baking with them again.
Meet the Bread Baking Babes:
- Astrid – Paulchens Foodblog
- Elizabeth – blog from OUR kitchen
- Gorel – Grain Doe
- Ilva – Lucullian Delights – Ilva
- Karen – Bake My Day
- Katie – Thyme For Cooking (Babe on Hiatus)
- Lien – Notitie Van Lien
- Lynn – Cookie Baker Lynn
- Mary – The Sour Dough
- Monique – Living on Bread and Water (Babe on Hiatus)
- Natashya – Living in the Kitchen with Puppies
- Pat – Feeding my Enthusiasms
- Sara – I Like To Cook
- Susan – Wild Yeast
- Tanna – My Kitchen In Half Cups
From the Babes’ Kitchens:
Photos & Links to come!